Chapter 16

The deterioration of Hu Die's condition seemed to be expected for Jiang Man and Hu Yuanheng, and they calmly and gently accepted the upcoming separation.

Every time Jing passed by, Hu Yuanheng still had time to take out his tea set, make a pot of tea, and chat with him about the tea ceremony.

The same is true of Jiang Man.

Occasionally in the afternoon, when Hu Die was sleepy and took a nap, Jing Yue and Hu Yuanheng were playing chess by the window, and she would sit by the side with a ball of wool knitting a hat.

Hu Die sometimes woke up and saw this scene, and when her parents left, she couldn't help joking with Jing Yue: "Why do you look more like their child than me recently?"

"It's normal." Jing Yu sat on the edge of the bed peeling an apple, and said without raising his head, "After all, a son-in-law is half a son."

Hu Die: "..."

Seeing her reaction, Jing Yue stopped and looked over: "What? You're not going to take responsibility after kissing me?"

Hu Die's face became hot, and she muttered in a low voice: "I didn't initiate the kiss..."

"So... are you really going to abandon me all the time?" Jing Yue put down the apple and fruit knife, leaned over, blinked his eyes, looking innocent: "Is there something wrong with me?"

"..." Hu Die couldn't take it anymore, and raised her hand to cover his eyes: "No, don't talk nonsense."

He persisted: "Nothing?"

Hu Die relied on him not being able to see herself, carefully looked at his outline, and said slowly: "I didn't do a bad job."

You are very good.

It's my fault, knowing that the ending is already doomed, but still wanting to provoke you, talking about saving you, but unknowingly treating you as a straw to survive.

Is this really salvation?

Hu Die couldn't tell for a moment who saved who between her and him.

But when it comes to affection, after all, she failed him.

Jing Yu noticed the change in her mood, but didn't ask anything, just smiled and said: "Okay, I know I'm fine, let go, the apple is about to oxidize."

"Hmm." Hu Die lowered her arms and turned her head to look at the side of the window before he looked over. There were many succulent potted plants of different varieties on the shelf under the window sill.

The prettiest mountain roses are encased in coconut shells with butterflies and whales drawn by Jing Yue in marker.

Hu Die thought of something and asked, "Will succulents bloom?"

"Yes, but some varieties will wither after blooming." Jing Yue followed her gaze: "But most of them can bloom."

She asked again: "Is the succulent a cactus? A cactus only blooms once every three years. They don't bloom for several years, do they?"

Jing Yu was also stopped by the question, took out his mobile phone and searched, and said: "It can be said that cactus is a kind of succulent, but succulent does not mean that it is a cactus. As for the flowering..."

He quickly searched again, looked at his phone and said, "Succulents generally bloom in spring or at the turn of spring and summer, but different varieties bloom at different times, and there are also varieties that bloom in summer and autumn."

Hu Die looked at him and smiled, and didn't talk more about the blossoming: "Why haven't you finished peeling your apples, I'm so hungry."

"The villain should sue first, obviously you keep asking me questions." Jing Yu cut a small piece of peeled apple and handed it over: "Eat it."