Chapter 17

Descending the mountain in the evening, Hu Die didn't insist on walking on her own, and lay on Jing Yue's back, her two long legs dangling in mid-air, and she was drowsy.

Jiang Man walked over from the side, saw that her eyes were about to close, and said, "Sleepy?"

She stared in a daze, as if she had no strength.

"Then let's sleep for a while." Jiang Man looked at Jing Yue again: "It's your uncle who recites it for a while, you won't be able to bear it all the way."

"It's okay." Jing Yue's tone was light and light: "The training used to be much heavier than this."

"That can't be..."

Jiang Man persisted, but Hu Die joked with her eyes closed: "Mom, don't embarrass Dad."

"You, just stand and talk without back pain."

Hu Die chuckled: "I'm lying on my stomach."

Jiang Man smiled and sighed, and said to Jing Yue, "Let's take a break when we're tired, don't be brave."

Jing Yu nodded: "Yes, I see."

More than 9,000 steps are easy to say, but when they got down the mountain, Jing Yu sat down on a bench for people to rest.

Hu Die was handing water and wiping off his sweat, and even fanned him with a small fan when he was done, and asked concerned: "Do you want to drink water?"

Jing Yu shook the bottom of the mineral water bottle in his hand, "Enough."

"Thank you for your hard work, Brother Jingyu."

He closed his eyes, leaned back on the back of the chair, tilted his head back to reveal a slender neck, and his protruding Adam's apple rolled up and down: "It's not hard to carry you."

"What's the hard work?"

"sandbag."

"..."

He laughed, sat up straight again, looked at her who was squatting next to his legs, and touched her knee with his knee: "Aren't you tired from squatting?"

"It's comfortable to squat." Hu Die looked back at the bustling market and muttered, "I don't know where my parents went shopping."

Jing Yue followed her gaze.

At this moment, the previously empty streets are filled with various vendors. In the middle of the square, there is a century-old banyan tree covered with red ribbons for blessings.

When the wind blew, the ribbon swayed, blowing the tree-full wishes to the distant horizon, longing to be seen by the gods.

"Let's go." After drinking the last bit of water in the bottle, Jing Yue stuffed his hands into the trash can beside him, and pulled Hu Die to stand up: "Let's go shopping too."

"Can you go eat first?" Hu Die said, "I'm so hungry."

"Didn't you just eat the vegetarian meal?"

"It takes energy to go down the mountain."

"?" Jing Yue smacked her forehead with his fingers, "How dare you say that."

"I have a thick skin."

"..." Jing Yue couldn't say anything to refute for a while.

"Oh, oh, let's go." Hu Die dragged him and headed straight into the market, eating and drinking all the way, Jing Yue was carrying all the things she hadn't finished eating.

Hu Die ate and drank enough, burped a few times contentedly, and took Jing Yue to the cultural and creative market beside him, planning to buy some souvenirs.