Chapter 4

After the first artificial tailfin Hiccup and Leandra start a daily routine with their dragon friends.

In the night they work together to make a better tailfin for Toothless, early mornings they go to the Night Furries, and spend time with them, trying to get Toothless to fly again, then Hiccup goes to dragon training and Leandra to Gothi.

When Hiccup presents Toothless for the first time a saddle and harness so he could help Toothless fly, the dragon was so not impressed and run away from him.

The boys chased each other through the cove.

Leandra, who leans on Starchaser, snorts, and the female dragon joins her.

Then Starchaser nudges Leandra, looking at her with big puppy eyes, then pointing at the still-running boys.

"You wanna play, catch?", coos Leandra at her dragon, giving her a head pat.

Excited Starchaser wiggles her tail.

So the two girls play catch with each other, laughing and smiling happily.

Hiccup who finally managed to catch Toothless and put on the saddle on him, can't help but smile softly at the scene before him.

His best friends seem so carefree chasing and getting chased by Starchaser around. It reminds him of the little girl he meet ten years ago, who became his dearest friend.

Toothless is just happy that his mate has another playmate. He likes the black-haired girl, she gives good pets.

 He likes the black-haired girl, she gives good pets

"This is AMAZING!", shouts Leandra into the heavens.

She is flying for the first time on Starchaser back over the cove.

This feeling of freedom!

It's unexplainable. You need to experience it yourself.

Starchaser cooes at her.

The dragon is happy that her human girl is so excited.

Toothless and Hiccup are also trying out to fly together. But the tail breaks free sending Hiccup flying.

"Hiccup, Toothless!", shouts Leandra worried.

Starchaser whines, thankful both boys landed in the pool of the cove.

The girls are flying over to them, stationary in the air.

Toothless seems to let out a sign, while Hiccup decides he needs to build something which doesn't make him fly off the sattle.