Chapter 7

I know I said I would write Gift of the Night Furries first but while I was writing I noted that it would be better to not include it. So this will be the last chapter of the FanFic.

I hope you can respect my decision.

Please enjoy the last chapter and read the author's note at the end.

Leandra wakes up from the now familiar wails of her little brother. Starchaser, who sleeps beside her bed, whines and holds her ear plates down to block the sound.

With a yawn and a pat to her dragon, Leandra walks to Ulf's room. The little baby is crying in his crib, waving his little fists around, and being generally unhappy.

"Morning Ulfi.", coo Leandra at him, carefully picking him up. "Someone woke up with the wrong feet, eh?"

That's when she smells it.

Wrinkling her nose, she holds him away.

"Or should I say, you woke up because you have gone number two."

As an answer, Ulf just wails more.

Well, time to change his diaper.

The black-haired girl is nearly done when Sigrùn comes into the room. Her red hair is a chaotic mess and she has black rings under her eyes.

"Leandra, you don't have to do this every day.", yawns her stepmother.

"I like to help.", she replies simply and rocks the now happy Ulf in her arms.

"Still, I thought you would prefer to go flying with Starchaser or spend your time with Hiccup since he woke up a few days ago.", wonders Sigrùn, scratching her head.

Hearing the name of her best friend aka. impossible love Leandra makes a face hands the babbling Ulf to Sigrùn and walks past them into her room.

"He is perfectly fine on his own. He doesn't need me.", she mumbles. "Besides it better to go distant already before I leave this miserable rock."

"What was that?"

"I said, I can't wait for breakfast, I will fly a short round with Starchaser."

"Oh, all right, sweetheart."

Leandra rolls her eyes.

So now she is sweetheart. Since she came back from the Battle of the Red Death Sigrùn toned up being a mom to her.

It was pathetic.

Now, after she killed a giant dragon and became an honorary Viking, she gets called pet names.

Stupid bitch.