It's a free world

Unedited!!
************************************

"You have got to be kidding me", I look into the full-body mirror on my wall and I inspect my outfit. I'm wearing a long sleeve black body hug shirt and beige cargo pants. I pair it with my black and white Converses and put on some rings and my headphones.

Darren is making me go to this stupid campfire because "my social life is depressing". It's gonna be filled with a bunch of people from school, totally drinking their asses off and rubbing against each other like typical hormonal teenagers.

I look at the time, 8:17. Darren is picking me up by 9. I walk down into the kitchen, grab some chips and plop down on the couch.

I grab the remote and put on my favorite cartoon, adventure Time.

"Tammy" Aunty Amina calls.

"I'm over here"

"Okay, your mom called" She gives me a sympathetic look.

I shrug. She's probably busy with some shit again and leaving for three days without communication, not that I'm complaining.

I love being at home when she isn't, less tension in the air.

"How long is she leaving this time?" I ask.

"Five days", she answers, "she says she'll call"

"No, she wouldn't" I laugh without emotion in my voice.

There's silence for a while and she decides to change the subject.

"You're going out?" She peers at me.

"Yup, I'll be back by 2 a.m", I take a look at her worried face "I'll be fine" I turn to her.

"I know you will" she whispers as she leaves for the kitchen and I can't help but feel like there's more meaning to what she said.

Four more episodes of Adventure Time and I hear a knock on the door.

It's 9:15 so it's probably Darren.

"Took you long enough" I open it and I come face to face with Nate. I panic and try to shut the door but he quickly sticks his foot in before I can.

"Hey, can we just talk?" He asks softly, but I don't fall for it. I know the monster he is underneath.

"No," I say sternly.

Soon his face morphs into that of anger.

"I just want to talk, Tams", he says softly but I can hear the venom behind his words.

"See, Nate, I'm kinda going somewhere and it's kinda late, so I really don't have the time", I try to close the door again, but he shoves it a little hard making me stumble.

"See, I didn't want to do that, but you made me", he says taking measured threatening steps toward me and I can't help but take steps backward.

I try to reach for something, anything, but my back soon hits the wall.
He's mere centimeters away from me and my breathing shallows.

"What happened to us?" He says softly and reaches for my hand but I pull it away quickly and that seems to anger him. He bangs the wall beside my head and I flinch

"Damn you Tammy" he rages.

"Is anything wrong, I heard noises", Aunty Amina walks in from the kitchen and I've never been more thankful for her in my whole life.

His face quickly changes and there's a smile plastered on, and I can't be more creeped out.

"Aunty Amina, how are you?" He says to her sweetly.