Chapter 5 Under The Shadows

As for humans and mortals, it's safe to go outside by daytime and it's risky to go outside by night time.
The mortals believe in fantasies and fairytales, they love and admire it, but they're terrified of witches, vampires and werewolves. The idea of Supernatural beings and creatures walking and living among them terrifies their soul. It's valid for someone like them to feel scared.
As the time passes, the media made it look like the Supernatural are evil, it's a work of a madman. They're terrified of what the Supernatural can do for them. After all they are mortals and can easily be killed.
Mortals spread words after words, they gossip about suspicions,one thing they're not definite about? They don't know if the Supernatural is real,They don't know if Vampires, Witches, Werewolves and any other mystical creatures are real.We'd like to keep it that way.
There is only few mortals that knows about us and wishes for our downfall, The Hunters. They are the descendants of the original hunters, we call them The Jeger's, they came from a bloodline of hunters, it runs into their bloods. This hunters aren't just any regular hunters. The Jeger's are extremely sensible,they can feel supernatural energy, as soon as they cross paths with one their blood will run faster than the wind,They could easily follow them and kill them in an alley. Most of the Jeger's hunt vampires than witches,witches are wise enough to do a spell to loosen their senses when near a hunter,As for vampires and werewolves, we're left here to survive.
That's why we hide in the shadows, we move constantly from places to places,we go out at night to blend into the dark,for us vampires, the ray of sun burns our skin,if we're going out in the sun we have to use our Lapis Lazuli, it can be put into an accesories, as for me i got it in a ring. It's a faint blue crystal that was put into a spell in order for it to work.
With this, we can freely go outside the sun without being burned.

It has been 2 weeks since Max used my face to spy on Sloane.
Max told me that she thinks Sloane knows that she's onto her business and she also thinks that using a polyjuice potion wouldn't work next time, As far as we know we're being watched, all of us are, We think the Jeger's are back somewhere around our area. We know that we weren't supposed to wait for Jeger's to do the first move but we had no choice,this generation of Jeger's are hard to recognize.

Max has been training me recently, i know combat, yes, but adjusting as a new vampire isn't the greatest,I used to use magic for combat but now it's more complex that we have to use our natural skills and our senses, being a vampire is a one thing but being a vampire with a skill and power is a whole another world. With Celeste's absence i have realized so much more about myself, I discovered some skills that i didn't even know existed ,It was something that i have been looking for all these years,I know it may be strange to say these words but.
Being a Vampire is the best thing that happened in my life.

I may not be as powerful as the others but i am much more powerful than myself when i was a witch.

Lost in my thoughts i looked at the clock hanging in the dark grey wall,it's past 10pm and i have nothing to do, it's actually getting pretty boring.
I got outside and looked for Max but couldn't find her anywhere,where the hell is she anyways, probably in the other room throwing knives or something.
Walking along the hallways i looked outside the window. I never realised how big this place was,Looking above here i could see the whole maze outside the backyard,there's some wolfsbane in the right side and vervain in the left, that some people here infuse to use against wolves, thing about wolves, once the full moon hits they have no control in what they do,they kill their best friends if they crossed their path, furthermore, werewolves usually haunts vampire, their venom can easily kill a vampire,there is no cure.
Over the time vervain has been something that is also used against vampires, one touch from it you can easily burn your skin,ingesting or having a vervain in your hand can prevent vampires from compelling you...
In our case we ingest a drop of vervain every day, we do it so that after some time we'll be able to handle vervain with no pain and no burns.

"You can't smell the flowers from standing here." A voice came from behind me, i turned around and met Max's eyes,Her dark brown eyes stucked onto mine,I traced her face before backing off a little bit.
"Come on."She stated, she turned around and i followed her. Her dark blue hair is glistening from the light of the moon. I can't stop looking at the back of her head. I know she can feel my glare from behind but, who cares.

"Do you often stare at people like that?" She turned around to face me.
"Yes,it's kinda my thing."I lied and laughed it off.

She picked out a white flower, it has 6 petals and a yellow core.
"What is it?" I asked and pulled out one from the vines aswell.
"Pertines, you smell it you get high." She lifted it up and smelled the flower.
"Hmmm. .. That's strong as hell."She throw the flower and sneezed.
Whatever,
I smelled the flower aswell and felt a cold air entering my nose, it's like i just had my lungs all cleared out and cleaned. I felt lightheaded and the cold sensation stayed inside me,What the hell do am i even thinking.

I looked around and saw Max's silhouette not far from me, i may be high but i can walk, so i followed her, we entered the shed and sat on the ground.
"How come we're allowed to have those plants, is that even legal?" i asked looking around and pointing at the plants outside the shed.
"We use them for weapons most of the time,we also use them for ourselves,it's legal as long as we don't get caught"She laughed to her own remarks.

"This crickets chirping in here are really annoying it's like small people laughing all together."I lifted my head and looked for the crickets but found nothing.
"What are you on about? There's no crickets chirping"She let out a big laugh and teased me.

"Look." I looked at her as she placed her pointer finger on the tips of my nose. "I don't say these to alot of people but for a newbie vamp, you really are a good one." She smiled.

"Huh?" I asked in confusion, i waited for her to answer but she decided to left me in confusion. Instead she smiled and traced my face once again, and lifted her hands on my neck and on my cheeks, her cold rings bring chills to my spine. No, this is wrong.

Max moved closer but before she could even do anything fool i stood up and got out of the shed. I tried to went straight ahead but couldn't,shit, shit shit, no, this is wrong,.... Screw this.

I turned around and pulled Max from the ground and i kissed her. This is the first and this has to be the last. Her warm lips took down all the coldness that's in my mouth earlier. Her cold skin next to mine. Her hands that's moving around my body. Stop it Nymph, stop this.

Her hands traveled down my body as she removed my hood and my jacket, i wanted it to stop but i can't the Pertines is still in my system that must be it, i just let her do whatever she wants, she kissed my cheeks down to my neck and chest, Her warm lips traveling down my body is leaving me to crave more,She's scratching my back while feeeling my body, the more i try to pull away the more i want it more. I tugged her hair and kissed her on the neck, she let out small whimpers here and there. Her hands are moving so much faster now, my heart is beating faster, it's an uncomfortable feeling in my heart but also comforting i can't explain how i feel but i could hear my own heartbeat pounding so loud.
"Is this okay?.." She asked before lifting my top halfway through.
"Hmmm....yeah" I answered.
She stopped for a second and looked at me from head to toe.
"Tu es belle" she said before getting back again to my neck and my chest and lower and lower. I can't even move at this point, I'm just letting her be in charge, If it's bad why does it feel good?. She moved her hands on my back and my stomach, studying every inch of my body, the more that she's getting lower and lower the more my heart is racing. This isn't right, i shouldn't be feeling this, no. "Hey, we don't have to do this if you don't want to."She whispered to my ear. I didn't gave her an answer."Do you want me to stop?"She asked again, her eyes are troubling me she has this concerned gaze that's driving me crazy.
"No, no, don't stop... Let's just do this like...... like this is the last."
This is not a great idea.