A good night

Coles POV

I laid on my bed with the lights off.  I have been trying to get a hold of Ana since yesterday's weird 2-second phone call but She hasn't answered any of my messages or returned any of my calls.  Her phone was off last night but had been on since midday today and still nothing.

My phone dinged and I lunged for it hoping that she finally responded to one of my texts. I unlocked it eagerly and was disappointed to see that it was nothing but an article notification.  I opened it, out of curiosity, as I know it had to do with my boss Marcus.  Last year he was involved in a paternity scandal which had the paparazzi all over him. He was voted San Francisco's top bachelor 2 years in a row and had all the crazies coming after him.  Anyone who met the woman claiming to have his child could see that they didn't know each other or run in the same circles. But it became a circus and a big headache for Marcus.  I was amused with the whole situation and created an alert to notify me anytime his name was mentioned in a tabloid magazine.

"Just in. San Francisco's sexiest bachelor spotted on the dance floor with a mystery blonde"

I scrolled through the article trying to get to the picture. When I finally reached it my heart fell into my stomach and I boiled over with anger.

"That slut". I looked at the picture with Ana and Marcus. Marcus's hand was on her back and their faces were inches apart.

"I'm going to murder him". I got up and ran to my room. I grabbed my jacket and ran out the door. I knew exactly where they were and it was only 15 min away.

Ana's POV

I can't believe it. Marcus almost kissed me on the dance floor and I found myself wanting to kiss him back. Instead, I freaked out and walked away from him, not wanting to be another one of his conquests. I had way too much on my plate and didn't need to complicate my life even further.

I did a loop around the club and thought about Marcus. He was Gorgeous and was pursued by so many women but He also never let anyone get close enough to know what really went on behind closed doors. I didn't know how he was in a relationship, but I figured that he probably slept around and was used to getting his way.

He wasn't someone I needed right now and he would just cloud my head.

I needed to confront Cole, first, and put that chapter behind me 

"And then what?"

I continued my internal struggle. 

"Then maybe I can actually go on a date with Marcus. He's been amazing and has taken care of me through everything. But how do I even know he's into me and this isn't just some stupid challenge."

I decide to head back to the table and see how the rest of the night plays out. Maybe spending more time with him would give me some clarity.

As I approached our area, I saw a very familiar-looking woman sitting in our booth. I immediately scanned the area for Marcus and my heart sank when I noticed what was going on. The redhead was straddling Marcus and grinding her body up against him while entwined in a passionate kiss. My body felt like I was dipped in cold water and someone slapped me real hard.

As much as I didn't want to accept it, I got my answer. I was just some charity case he was helping. Nothing else.

Red finally came up for air and Marcus locked eyes with me.  I thought I saw something run through them like panic or regret.

Too hurt to care, I ran out of the club as fast as I could.

Men are all the same. Cole lied and cheated. Marcus obviously lied to the redhead and tried to kiss me. I was the home wrecker In her story.

I suddenly felt so tired.

I needed to go somewhere, anywhere away from here.

I didn't care about using my credit cards anymore. I didn't care if Cole knew I was back in San Francisco. I wanted to be alone and for everyone to go fuck themselves. I didn't need anyone to be happy. Just myself.

I decided to hail a cab and go to the nearest hotel room to get some sleep.

I stepped up to the curb and raised my hand to the cabbie. He pulled up his taxi and got out to open my door. I smiled, weakly, at the driver and began to enter the car as a strong hand grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

I lost my balance and fell flat on my ass, scraping my palms in the process.

"What the fuck" I yelled and looked up at my assaulter only to be frozen in shock. There, towering above me, stood Cole looking angrier than I have ever seen him in my life.