Coward

Marcus POV

The last few days have been horrible. I haven't been sleeping and nothing I do brings me relief from this anxiousness I'm feeling.

Last night I spend hours driving around with no purpose or destination.  I assumed once I got behind the wheel I'd figure out a plan, but Hours later, I came back home accomplishing nothing.

I called my A/CEO and informed her I was taking another personal day. She was taken aback but didn't pry. She wasn't the type to ask questions or invade my personal life.

We've never really talked about anything non work related and would carry on surface level conversations at my events. I appreciated that about her and, with time, got used to it.

It wasn't that I didn't want to get to know her but simply followed her lead. She wasn't a warm person, by nature, but she was a hell of a second in charge. I sometimes wondered if she acted the same way with her family and close friends.

I let out an over exaggerated sigh and kicked the pillows off my couch. Since I took over the company, you could count my absences on one hand.

That is until I got involved with this Ana drama.

I got up and walked over to my closet. I debated spending the rest of my day on the couch but decided to get dressed and go out. There's that saying, "look good ,feel good" and I was done sitting in my pyjamas.

I put on one of my more comfortable suits and stared down at my phone. The list of people I enjoyed spending time with was pretty short and I wasn't sure who I would stand to be around right now. I checked the time and decided to go to Lukas restaurant. The rush should be over in about an hour and maybe I could get him to have a drink with me once it died down.

I called my driver, did a once over, and left.

I got dropped off and, as I approached the restaurant, I automatically regretted my decision. It seemed like they were a lot busier then I expected.

I walked in and headed to the bar. The hostess acknowledged me and continued helping another couple while I sat myself. I ordered a drink and sent Luka a quick message. I figured he wouldn't see it for a while so I might as well get comfortable.

I scanned the room out of boredom and almost spat my drink when I saw her.

She was here. What the fuck was she doing here? My eyes ventured to the older lady sitting next to her. The resemblance was strong and I assumed it was her mom.

My whole body tensed up and my brow began to sweat. For the first time in my life I had no idea what I should do.

Every fibre in my body screamed to go and talk to her but the coward in me wanted to run and hide.

It felt like too much time had passed with me not acknowledging what happened between us and she probably hated me and wanted nothing to do with me.

I gulped down my drink, threw a 20$ on the counter, and took off into the back.

I found Luka, belting out instructions on the front line, trying to keep up with the orders that were coming in. I waved my hand to get his attention and was greeted with a lot of confused looks. It wasn't until someone yelled for me to "get the hell out of the kitchen" that  Luka noticed me.

"What the hell are you doing back here?" Luka took off his apron and walked over to me.

"What is Ana doing here?" I spoke over him.

"She brought her mom here, why does it matter?" Luka stared at me suspiciously "what did you do now Marcus? For someone who likes to give me a hard time about woman, you really don't have a better track record"

"Call me when you're done work" I avoided his gaze and walked out through the kitchen exit. I could hear Luka curse at me as I left. 

I called my driver and asked him to grab me in the back alley.

This is what I've become. A coward that hides behind the dumpster. I couldn't help but laugh at the situation I've gotten myself into.

I got into the car and instructed my driver to take me to another bar. When we turned the corner I saw her again.

FUCK