Humbled

I waited 30 minutes and went downstairs to the hotels lounge. The lounge had a massive fireplace in the center of the room and carried a rustic woodsy feel. I was surprised at the decor as it was Very different from the hotels new age appearance. The waitress, who appeared to be the only person on, approached me with a friendly smile and mouthed "how many?"

I responded and requested the booth in the far corner. I then asked the waitress to give us as much privacy as possible and explained that we would be discussing sensitive work material and, if she could, to avoid seating anyone near us.

She nodded and went to grab the coffee I asked for. She set it down and dropped off a container with some cream and sugar.

I played with the sugar packets as I waited for Marcus to arrive. I provided him with the Cole's notes over the phone, or at least tried to, over my sobs. He attempted to calm me but realized it wouldn't work and told me to meet him down here within the hour.

Since Sitting in the room wasn't doing me any good, I got dressed and came downstairs to wait. I was wearing the clothes from last night and, once again, didn't have a toothbrush or makeup to make myself presentable.

I was sipping on my coffee when I saw two figures enter the lounge. My heart sped up when I saw Marcus. He looked like he just stepped out of a catalogue. His hair was parted and styled to the side and he was wearing a dark navy suit and brown dress shoes. The suit made his blue eyes bluer and I couldn't help but to stare. I almost didn't notice the person walking beside him.

I was slightly confused as I looked at the young man trying to keep pace with Marcus. He looked no older than 18, wearing jeans, a grey hoodie and converse shoes.

They both sat down in the seats across from me and Marcus started with the introductions.

Marcus POV

As Ana got up to leave the office, I tried getting up to go after her but was stopped by Luka

"Let her go, she needs some time to process all of this" he hissed.

"She shouldn't be alone. She's gone through enough already. She need someone to be there for her" I looked pleadingly at Luka.

From the corner of my eye I saw Cole trying to come at me once again but was stopped by the bouncer. His face was filled with so much anger I was actually amused.

"She's mine. Stay the fuck away from her. How long have you been after her Marcus? Was that why you had us over all those times, just so you could try and fuck her?"

I pondered my response and decided that I no longer wanted or cared about Cole in any capacity. Sure he was a great salesman, but he could be replaced. We were doing so many new and innovative things at the company that, even with him gone, I would still generate a healthy profit.

"Yes Cole. That was always my intention.  And now you've given me the opportunity to make her mine. Thank you for being such scum that you made me and every other man on this earth look good" I gave him a sadistic smirk and left the room. 

I could still hear him yelling as I walked out.

He was threatening me, my business, with promises to take me down. I chuckled as I knew by the end of the week he would be begging to get his job back.

I called my driver and instructed him to pick me up in front of the building. I would get him to bring my car home tomorrow since I drank too much and was too worked up to drive.

As soon as I stepped out I tried to call Ana. The call went straight to voicemail. I kept thinking of her face when she saw Kate on top of me and that look was imbedded in my mind. I didn't know if I read her correctly or if I imagined things.

Why would she care if Kate was on top of me? More importantly, why do I care that she's hurt by it. All I wanted was to find her and and make things right.

When I couldn't get a hold of her, I reached out to an associate and asked him to check if she used any of her cards. I just wanted to make sure she got to wherever she was going safely. 20 min later he informed me she was staying at a hotel near by which settled my nerves.

My driver pulled up and I entered the vehicle. He looked at me and gave me a silent nod knowing me well enough to see that I was on edge. When I didn't say anything, he waited a few minutes before asking "where to".

I kept going back and forth between what I should do. I wanted to go to the hotel and talk to her. Make sure she was ok. And maybe spend the night. I wasn't looking for sex, I just really enjoyed her company. But the last thing she said to us was to go to hell so I wasn't sure how she would react to me showing up. Also, I'm sure she'd be interested in how I knew where she was staying.

I decided against it and told the driver to take me home.