Chapter 7: A New Beginning

Two months have passed since Anya's kidnapping, and a lot has happened during these two months. Yuri and Roxy went out on a few dates, and they decided to move in together a week ago! They also took Kai in, so he technically is Anya's cousin now. Loid and Yor's relationship has significantly grown, despite Yor's slight jumpiness whenever Loid tries to show her any from of physical affection. Anya started studying harder at school for the sake of her papa's mission, and Yor started helping Loid out by getting him information from her own research about Donovan Desmond. Anya also officially became Damian's friend, which made Loid ecstatic! And Bond... well, he's just Bond!

(Part One) Loid And Yor's Relationship:

"Loid! Becky's Butler just called! He told me that Anya is staying over at Becky's for a sleepover! Do I allow her to?" Yor screamed from the living room. "Yeah sure." Loid called back from his room. Yor told the Butler that Anya had her permission to stay over at Becky's, then she closed the phone. She sighed, then walked over to the kitchen and fixed herself a cup of tea. Loid walked out of his room to find her sipping her tea and making something on the counter. "What're you doing?" He asked as he fixed his shirt. "Coffee for you!" She smiled at him warmly. Loid blushed and grinned. Yor's coffee always gave him dreadful stomachaches, but Yor is just too cute to refuse sometimes. He sat on the big couch and turned the TV on. He started flipping through the channels to see if anything proper was on. He finally settled on the Anime channel Anya watches since there was nothing good. Yor came up to him a few minutes later and handed him his coffee cup. He took it from her, then moved to make space for her. Ever since their relationship started growing, Yor started sitting beside him and not on the small couch on his left. This act alone made him really happy! He always got butterflies as soon as she sat down. "Thanks sweetheart." He said, taking a sip of his coffee. Yor giggled and placed her tea on the table in front of her. Loid put his arm up, gesturing for Yor to cuddle up to him. Yor's face turned into at least five shades of crimson, but she complied, and scooted over until she was pressed up against him. She laid her head down onto his chest, and hung her arm lazily across his stomach. "How was your day?" She asked. "Tiring, but it's worth it." He replied. Yor smiled. "You need to rest sometimes, I can feel how tense your muscles are." She said. Loid laughed. "This is how my body normally is. I'm used to it." He replied. "Yeah but you need to rest. You barely sleep at night. I can always hear you moving around your room and tossing and turning in bed." She said as she looked up at him. "I can't sleep properly, my body isn't used to it."He mumbled hopelessly. Yor sighed. "I have bad nightmares sometimes, and they make me so terrified. I hate when they happen." She said, her tone exhausted. "Well, you're always welcome to sleep in my bed if you get bad dreams." Loid reassured her. Yor blushed. She had only slept beside him three times prior, and it was because of Yor's kidnapping. Those three nights were the only times she slept properly for years. Maybe it's because Loid's presence makes her feel safe. She nodded slightly.

A few hours later, both Yor and Loid retreated to their rooms in exhaustion.
"Goodnight!" Yor said as she closed her bedroom door behind her. She quickly changed her clothes and let her hair down, then climbed into bed. She relaxed, and slowly started falling asleep, her eyelids closing on their own. Finally, after a few minutes, she finally managed to fall into a deep sleep. Loid on the other hand just laid down in bed, his thoughts racing. He tried to clear his head, but it was impossible, so he just stared at the ceiling for what seemed like eternity...until... sobs? He perked up, trying to listen more clearly. Yes, they were whimpers indeed. He quickly got out of bed, glancing at the clock. It was 3:31am. He left his room and went straight to Yor's bedroom, gently knocking on the door. "Yor? Are you okay? I just heard noises and-
He opened the door, and saw his wife sitting up in bed, tears streaming down her cheeks. He quickly ran to her and hugged her, trying to comfort her. "What happened love?" He asked in concern. "I-I- had a v-v-very horrible dream..." Yor sounded seriously frightened, and Loid could feel her tears dampen up his shirt. "What was it about..? It's okay sweetheart I'm here, you're safe." Loid was confused, yet he wanted to comfort her. Yor let go of him, still shaking. "I-I think i-it was a c-continuation of the dream I used to have before." Yor finally managed to take a deep breath. "Okay, come on, tell me about it in my room." Loid said as he ushered her up, and into his room. She crawled into her usual side of the bed, and sighed shakily. Loid climbed in beside her, and turned the bedside lamp on. "Tell me what happened." He said. "I don't want to get into too much detail, b-because it terrifies me to even talk about it... but in short, in the dream... I kill you and Anya." Rivers of tears streamed down her face again as she said the last sentence. Loid looked shocked for a moment, but then he pulled Yor against his chest and hugged her tightly. "I would never hurt you or Anya... I-I don't know why the dream is saying that..." Yor whimpered. Loid smiled slightly. His wife was oblivious about why dreams occur. "Love, dreams don't work like that. They usually either show you what you fear the most, or what you desire the most. And in your case, it's obviously what you fear." Loid ran his fingers through her soft hair. Yor buried her face deeper into his chest and sighed. Being with Loid made her feel so safe and relieved, she could literally feel a huge lump leave her throat. She relaxed against him and closed her eyes. This will definitely be the best sleep she would ever have. A few minutes later, both Loid and Yor were fast asleep... in eachother's arms.

Yor woke up the next morning feeling relaxed and energetic. Loid wasn't in bed with her anymore, but she could smell something delicious! She got up, stretching. "Wow! I've never felt so relaxed before!" She thought to herself. She put her bunny slippers on and headed to the kitchen to find her husband. The smell of omelets, bacon, cheese, and bread filled her nose as soon as she stepped a foot out of Loid's room. She curiously walked to the kitchen, and was met by Loid flipping an omelette in a pan, and the dining table filled with different kinds of delicious food. Yor's stomach grumbled a little, and she walked over to hug Loid from behind as he worked over one of the counters. Loid turned and kissed his wife on her cheek. "Good morning sweetheart." He said affectionately as he turned back to chop some green onions. "Good morning!" Yor chirped happily. "That's a lot of delicious looking food!" She said, pointing towards the dining table. "Yeah! I woke up energized, so I decided to make a special treat for you." He smiled widely. Yor beamed. "Thank you so much! Let me help you!" She said as she took a knife into her hand. Loid laughed and passed over the cutting board with the half-cut onions on. Yor proceeded to cut them perfectly in a matter of seconds. "I'll never get over how good you are with knives." Loid said in amusement. Yor giggled shyly. "I've been using knives since I was eleven, so it makes sense." She laughed. After they set the final plates on the table, they both sat down and started eating. They sat there for more than an hour, eating and talking about their jobs and their missions. Loid was also very interested in the gossip Yor shared about her co-workers. After they finished, they both got up to prepare themselves for the day. "Oh by the way, Yor." Loid suddenly stopped and turned to look at Yor. "Yeah?" She looked at him in confusion. "I'm invited to a dinner party tomorrow, and Donovan Desmond will attend. You're obviously coming with me because you're my wife. Choose something fancy to wear, and if you want to buy a new dress I'll go with you." He explained. Yor's eyes widened. A fancy dinner party! She never thought she'd attend one of those. "Okay! I'll show you what dresses I have and you choose!" Yor said excitedly. Loid nodded and smiled, then watched his wife run cheerfully into her room.
"I love this family..." was the final thought to go through his mind...