One-shots: An Old Friend

It was noon, and Twilight had just finished one of his missions. He walked along the sidewalk, the sun blazing down on him, making his three piece suit almost unbearable to wear. He finally had enough as he felt his entire back getting wet from sweating too much, and he took off the suit jacket.

He threw it over his shoulder, and undid his cufflinks, then neatly folded the sleeves of his dress shirt over his elbow. He continued walking until he reached a rest area where he was so tempted to have a quick smoke. He eventually gave in to his temptation, and pulled out a cigarette.

As he put the cigarette in his mouth, and was about to light it, he couldn't help but notice a woman in the distance who looked an awful lot like Yor. He squinted his eyes, trying to see the woman clearer. She had the same hairstyle, clothes, and most importantly, body type and height as his wife, so he knew it was her without a doubt.

He lit the cigarette, his eyes still fixated on Yor, and as cold and icey as they usually were, they instantly lit up at the sight of her. But as he was too busy devouring her with his eyes, a guy approached her, tapping her gently on the shoulder.

Twilight's eyes darkened, and he proceeded to scan the man from top to bottom. Black hair, dark green eyes, with a scar running from his right eyebrow, across his eye, and down to his cheek. He was tall, but not as tall as him, with broad shoulders, and defined muscles.

Yor looked up at the man, her face a mask of confusion, but then, her face lit up. She beamed up at him, saying something excitedly, and almost jumping with enthusiasm. Twilight's eyebrows tightened, but the last straw for him was when he hugged her, and she comfortably hugged him back, tightly.

Twilight let out a huff of smoke, removing the cigarette from his mouth before he could rip it apart with his clenched teeth. He threw it on the ground, stubbing it with his foot, his eyes never moving away from Yor and the man. If looks could kill, that guy would've dropped dead to the ground the minute he hugged Yor.

Loid was still leaning against the wall of the rest area, his eyes blazing with jealousy. He almost snapped as the bastard confidently leaned over and kissed Yor's forehead. He didn't move, yet his whole body tensed up, and he crossed his arms, the heel of his foot resting on the bottom of the wall.

Suddenly, the man's eyebrows creased, and he started looking around in confusion. Yor also started looking around, until her eyes landed on Loid. Her heart skipped a few beats, and her breath caught in her throat. Zane also noticed Loid from beside her, and he looked down at her, a look of concern on his face.

"Who's that? He does not look happy." Zane squinted his eyes to get a better look at Loid.

"G-give me one second Zane, I'll be right back." Yor stammered, her cheeks turning bright red.

She walked over to Loid as fast as she could, and he adjusted his position as she reached him, making him tower over her even more. It was quite intimidating, but she pushed away these thoughts, knowing full well that Loid would never hurt her in any way, not physically, verbally, or emotionally.

"H-Hello, Loid-san." She stammered, her face flushing at the intensity of his ice cold eyes.

Loid's expression remained stone cold. "Who's your friend?" He asked.

"That's Zane, he's an old friend of mine, back when we were kids. We grew up together kinda..." Yor nervously played with her hands, blushing deeper with every word that came out of her mouth.

"Hm... interesting... I'd like to meet him if you don't mind." Loid's voice was almost deceiving, as he said that in a calm voice, and she could barely make out the dangerous edge in there.