One-shots: Vulnerability

Twilight took out a pack of cigarettes and made a quick stop to smoke one before he arrived home. It was late and storm clouds lingered above his head, ready to unleash heavy strings of rain at any moment. He pulled one out of the packet and lit it, inhaling the smoke deeply, then blowing it back out. He coughed right afterwards, proving that his attempts at quiting his habit are somewhat working. He threw the cigarette on the floor and stubbed it with his foot, his head racing with the draining thoughts he'd been having all day.

      Twilight had never been vulnerable, he despised vulnerability, yet somehow, someway, the thought of him leaving Yor and Anya left him with nothing but a sour mood. It drained him knowing that he was feeling something towards what should've been his mission. He felt like he had failed himself.

      He always denied the feelings with a simple: "It's for the mission." But he knew deep inside that it wasn't, and that bothered him to his core. He noticed that sometimes the only thing encouraging him to put up with his exhausting missions is the thought of going back home to his family. To hear Anya's laughs, do admire Yor's gorgeous face, to pet an excited Bond.

    As the thoughts raced in his head, he caught himself smiling, which made him even angrier. Thunder rumbled in the distance and Twilight snapped out of his thoughts. "What the hell are you thinking Twilight?! Focus on your mission. You're trying to stop a war for heaven's sake!" He thought, scolding himself.

      He continued his tiresome walk home, knowing that the only thing he wanted to do was to collapse into bed. Thoughts of Yor filled his brain and he perked up. His wife sure was one beautiful woman. He admired both her inner and outer beauty, and she sure was full of both. He blushed, and his frustration heightened. He needed a drink...

     He was only two blocks away from home when it started pouring heavily, so he decided to run the rest of the way. When he reached the apartment complex, he immediately ran inside and right up to his front door. He was soaking wet at this point. "I'm definitely getting sick." He thought.

     He opened the door and walked in, greeted by the smell of hot chocolate and coffee. "I'm back." He announced.
Yor immediately looked back to see him, and her eyes widened. "Loid! You're dripping wet! Wait let me get you a towel."

    Yor ran to the bathroom immediately, and as she rummaged through the shelves to get some towels, Anya looked back at Loid from the TV and smiled. "Hi Papa." She said, then turned back to her show.
Twilight was offended by the lack of acknowledgement from her, and it almost made him laugh, but he stopped himself.

    Yor ran back to him holding a a pair of towels. She handed them to him and waited for him to dry his hair and hands. The look of concern never left her face as she watched him. "I'll make you a cup of coffee or hot chocolate while you go change into dry clothes, let's hope you didn't catch a cold." She finally said

    Twilight looked up, a small smile spreading across his face. "Hot chocolate please, and thank you." He said warmly. Yor's face pinkened as she nodded, then ran straight to the kitchen to get his drink ready.

     Despite Yor failing miserably at anything that had to do with food, she made some good hot chocolate, so it was the safer option to pick.

     Loid headed to his room and completely dried himself off, then wore the warmest pajamas he had. He sighed a sigh of relief and walked back to the living room. Bond came up to him excitedly, and started jumping to get his attention. Loid smiled and bent down to pet him.

    "Your hot chocolate is ready." Yor smiled as she came up to him and handed him the mug. "Thank you Yor, really." He smiled widely at her. Yor blushed and immediately turned away to look at Anya who was very fixated on watching Bondman.
     Catching onto her flustered embarrassment, Loid walked over to his favorite couch and made himself comfortable. He sipped his hot chocolate and watched some Bondman with Anya.

      A litte while later, Yor came over to check on them. "Loid did you eat? I got some takeout earlier." She suggested. He looked up at her, contemplating the thought for a second. "No I'm not hungry, I ate at work, thank you though!"
     Yor beamed at him, then sat on the big couch. She asked Loid about his day, and vise versa. They talked a bit about their plans for the weekend, as Loid suggested taking her and Anya out to the park and then to a restaurant. Anya heard them and ran up to Yor excitedly. "Papa is taking Mama and Anya on an ooting!" She gleefully chimed in.

       Loid watched as she cuddled up to Yor, getting comfortable as Yor helped her onto her lap and wrapped her arms around her. Anya beamed at both her parents, her smile big enough to shove away all of his depressing early thoughts. His eyes moved to Yor's face, who was smiling tenderly at Anya, and he felt the heat rush to his face. A warm smile spread across his own face as he watched his family.
He cherished that moment...

...Maybe having this vulnerability wasn't so bad after all...

(Thank you for reading! This One-Shot is supposed to be from Loid's POV as I tried to focus on him and his thoughts as realistically as possible. I appreciate you reading my book and I really hope you're enjoying everything you're reading so far! I do not plan on stopping this book anytime soon, despite me being busy irl. I will try to put out one-shots and mini series right here as often as I can!)