October 17th - Letter Ten

Alright. I have mentioned before that I found out how you died and that I would tell you in a letter at some point. I'm guessing that writing it out will help me at least get out of the difficult part of grief, and get better from this accident.

On December 18th, you and Bdubs were chatting at the shopping district. You both were talking about the plans you had for this world, and what you wanted to accomplish before we move on to the next one as a group again. You two had arrived near Grian's small shop, which caught Grian's eye. You looked at his chests and what they had to sell. Bdubs was still talking to you and started to move on to talking about base plans to who you would probably want to base next to.

Grian had slipped away and looked for a creeper. If you recall Third Life, which was the alternative world we joined, you might remember how he blew Scar up. Well, he didn't seem to learn his lesson about it, or what would happen. He wanted to play a prank on you both this time - and he was sure he would be able to kill the creeper. Eventually, Grian found his creeper.

Meanwhile, you and Bdubs were still looking for items to buy. Still chatting, and not paying attention to what was going on. You were in front of a chest filled with terracotta while Bdubs was behind a chest. There was another chest behind the one you were in front of.

Grian brought in the creeper and started small talk with you guys. Since you were still looking through chests, you didn't bother to look up and continued the talk.

He then brought up the creeper and let it explode. Well, first he started to kill the creeper. But he didn't kill it in time, and it exploded. Bdubs was hurt but he managed to heal. You died since you were the closest to the creeper and the other two were shocked.

So they waited for you to respawn.

They waited, and waited.

You never did.

They called Xisuma over and asked him why you weren't respawning. He looked through the code and tried to figure out what had gone wrong. At some point, he found out why.

You didn't respawn because at the time permadeath was still on. Xisuma was struggling to turn it off and advised everyone to be careful about taking big chunks of damage or dying. But somehow the message didn't go through for you, Grian, and Bdubs. They didn't know. It had also happened to other people, so some were surprised that you hadn't respawned.

I'm rereading this over and over again and I feel better? I guess I needed to write what had happened down to feel better.

Well, who knows.

I'm not sure if I'll be writing a letter next month. Might as well count this as the last one. I miss you Jimmy.