Prologue

A note to the Reader-chan:

This is my first attempt of writing a fanfiction, so any pointers or words of encouragement would be much appreciated *(^o^)* I hope you like it!

-Prologue-

In the beginning I was young, I didn't understand what all of the fighting and turmoil was about, I was just naive to this world I lived in back then.

I went day to day wanting a way out from the underground town that was located under the Capital city of Mitras. I longed to see a blue sky and feel a warm breeze on my face that didn't smell of death and decay. I always had to fight for my life to survive, it came second nature only after a bit of trial and error. I did have a mother and father back then, if you could call them that. I was only nine when I had overheard my parents talking about selling me, for some reason I can still remember that night as if it happened only yesterday. They no longer had the money to care for me and to also feed their own hungry addictions as well. I sat on the cold hard stoned floor in our filthy one room house with only a sheet hanging up to separate the kitchen from the sleeping quarters. They were like two beasts quarreling over the last piece of rotted meat, over what was to be done with me. I was terrified to think what was going to happen if I continued to live in that hellish place with them. That was the night I ran, I knew not where I was going but I had to go in order to live. I hand no time to be fearful of the unknown world I was about to be faced with, but I wanted to face it with my own two feet instead of being sold as a slave or worse. If I were to die it will be on my terms not theirs, I had thought to myself as I felt their reaching hands trying to stop me as I ran out of that house. That night for the first time in my life I felt a sense of freedom from this prison was within my grasp.

I had a hunger that grew inside me as I had to survive on those horrid streets. I longed to know why this world was the way it was, to find a solution to all the suffering around me. I was dirty, cold, and alone. I was going to find a way to get out of here, there was no way I would let myself succumb to my environment and die without a fight.

When I was that young I never imagined that I could love anything, or anyone for that matter, when knowing that happiness could come to an abrupt and final end at any moment.