Lucius Malfoy is a Dick

Upon reaching the top of the loft overlooking the main floor of the bookstore, the young redhead immediately began browsing the volumes for something new, exciting, or just about anything that piqued her interest. A few of which immediately captured Elizabeth's eye. Asiatic Anti-Venoms and Atlas of Celestial Anomalies.

With the potions books in her arms, Elizabeth took one of the empty seats in the loft and made an attempt to focus on something other than the loud and obnoxious crowd down below. As interesting as they were, the contents just weren't enough for the rowdy group of women (and some men) practically crying from downstairs.

Gilderoy Lockhart finally made his appearance.

"Shouldn't you be downstairs with the other females who can't keep their eyes off our new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor?" Elizabeth looked up with a start. She didn't expect anyone else to be up here.

"New Defense Against the Dark Arts professor?" she spun around in her seat. "What are you on about, Draco? How do you know he's going to be our teacher this year?"

"Perks of my father being one of the school governors, I suppose," he shrugged, walking over to the railing to take a quick glance over the side. "You know, we're going into our second year and you're still the only person that's a non-Slytherin that calls me by my first name. It's strange."

"It is your name," Elizabeth turned her attention back to the book in her lap. "I think it's weird when people call others by their last name. It makes it seem like the individual is only as good as their family name, and we all know that's a load of hogwash."

"To you maybe," Draco replied. "I still think it's strange."

"Anyway," Elizabeth said. "Lockhart isn't really going to be our teacher this year, is he? That's going to be positively awful. Please, tell me you are joking."

"I never joke," Draco answered simply. 

"Ugh," Elizabeth slammed the book shut with a groan. "And to think, I believed we were going to have a normal year this time around, but there goes that theory. Thanks for the heads up."

"Don't mention it," he said. "Now back to my original question, why aren't you downstairs with everyone else? Surely, you'd want to be in the presence of a legend, am I right?"

"Legend," she snorted. "That man downstairs is so full of himself; he makes you look like the most humble person on earth."

"Ouch," he rubbed his chest. "You wound me, Weasley."

"I'm sure you'll survive. Don't you have other students to terrorize or something?" Elizabeth asked. "There must be something better you can do with your time than to talk to me."

"I could, but then I'd have to be down there with them," Draco gestured to the crowd down below. "Oh, look, you're boyfriend's in the limelight once again. Can never get enough, can he?"

"What?" Elizabeth jumped to her feet, rushing to Draco's side, seeing Harry being grabbed by none other than Gilderoy Lockhart himself, cameras clicking away. "And for the record, he's not my boyfriend. Oh, no."

Completely disregarding the two Potions books Elizabeth planned on purchasing, the girl darted past Draco and down the stairs, back into the passive crowd and straight into Harry. He looked downright pissed, just breaking out of Lockhart's grasp.

"What in Merlin's name was that all about?" Elizabeth asked him.

"Nothing, let's just get out of here," the boy grabbed hold of her hand prepared to make an escape from the bookstore.

"Bet you loved that, didn't you Potter?" Draco stopped the two. A sneer plastered on his face. "Can't go anywhere without making the front page."

Elizabeth rolled her eyes. The ever-wonderful and very ridiculous Slytherin/Gryffindor rivalry that for some reason always centered around Harry and Draco. It was silly last year, and Elizabeth was positive it was going to be even more ridiculous this time around. So far, she was right.