Gotta Get Back to Hogwarts

A few days later was September 1st. Excitement was all-encompassing throughout the Burrow. Ginny being the most excited. Obviously. She along with her sister woke up early that morning, double-checking their trunks to make sure nothing was forgotten. An hour after they woke up, the two Weasley girls were satisfied. However, Ginny was sure there was going to be one item she left behind.

"You're going to be fine," Elizabeth chuckled, locking her trunk shut. "And if you forget anything, Mum and Dad can mail it to you."

"I guess," Ginny said.

Moments later, Arthur peeked into the room. Asking his two girls if they needed any help packing their belongings, or if they were ready to put them in the car. Luckily for him, he had the easy part. While Ginny helped her father take some of the bags to the car, Elizabeth went to her twin's room to check up on him and see how he was fairing. After last year, there was a good chance he needed an extra set of hands to get ready for the train.

"Good morning," she peered her head inside, happy to see him and Harry busy collecting their things and tossing them haphazardly into their trunks. "Do you need any help?"

"Morning, Lizzie," Ron and Harry offered her a tiny smile before getting back to the task at hand. "Umm, could you grab the stack of books from my table, please?"

With a small nod, Elizabeth went to the far side of her brother's room and picked up the stack of books. Gilderoy Lockhart's massive collection. Defense Against the Dark Arts was going to be the bane of her existence this year. Shaking her head, the girl strode over to Ron and helped him squish everything into his trunk.

"I see you've changed your ways from last year," Elizabeth commented, flopping onto Ron's bed once the trunks were shut and placed by the door to be loaded into the car. "What time did you get up so you could be finished with time to spare?"

"Very funny," Ron answered with a roll of his eyes. "It wasn't that bad."

"What happened last year?" Harry asked.

"Ron waited until the very last minute to get his things together, so it made all of us scramble to get to the train station on time. He almost left Scabbers here, too," Elizabeth answered, petting the rat still sleeping on the pillow as if objects hadn't been thrown around the room moments earlier. "Poor thing."

"Wouldn't have mattered that much anyway," Ron commented with a shrug. "Is there any breakfast left? I'm starving."

"You're always starving," Elizabeth muttered, following the boys out of the room towards the bustling kitchen. Luckily for Ron, there was still enough food in the kitchen by the time they came down the steps and arrived in the crowded room.

Everyone was crowded in the small space that was the kitchen. Limbs reached over limbs, stretching for the remaining slices of bread, sausage links, and eggs. Percy was already dressed in his school robes, his Prefect badge on full display. Nerd. Fred and George already had Molly antsy, showing off their latest prank creation. Elizabeth shook her head at her family before her. They may have been crazy at times, but she loved them all the same.

"Will we be ready to drive to King's Cross Station after we are finished eating?" Molly asked them, realizing everyone was together in one room.

"Should be, mum," Ginny stated. "I helped Dad with the car. I'm pretty sure Ron and Harry's bags are the last ones to put in the boot."

"Very good," The matriarch shook her head, pleased. "We're off to a better start than last year."

Eight pairs of eyes fell onto Ron, who was busy stuffing his face with the remaining eggs and sausages.