Snowy Kisses

"Why is Christmas shopping for parents so difficult?" Anthony groaned loudly. The snow crunched loudly underneath his winter boots. "You'd think, after knowing them for 14 years, I could easily find them something for the holiday. Ugh, it's so much easier when they take a vacation and I stay here at the castle."

"They're your parents, Anthony," Elizabeth laughed. "They are going to like whatever you get them."

"But my parents always get me something super awesome, and I get them something so boring," the boy groaned as the couple entered the Three Broomsticks. "How were you able to get all of your family's presents? Your family is huge! And I'm struggling over here trying to get two presents."

"Or one present for both of them," Elizabeth added, grabbing Anthony's hand to lead him over to a booth along the windows. "That would make things easier for you."

"I've already tried thinking of a duel gift," Anthony said, plopping down across from her. "I think I just need to quit. I am the worst gift-giver in the world. They'll understand."

"That's not true at all," Elizabeth shrugged off her coat then took off her hat, scarf, and gloves. "From where I am sitting, you are the best gift giver. Who else buys me Peppermint Toads?"

"Aww, you're just saying that," the boy blushed. "But seriously, I have no idea what to do. Maybe something will hit me on the train ride home tomorrow. Merlin knows I will have plenty of time to think about it."

The couple wasted no time in ordering lunch. Something warm to share on that cold, winter day. Throughout their meal, Anthony and Elizabeth went back and forth about what they intended to do during their holiday break (sans gift-giving of course). Anthony couldn't help himself when Elizabeth told him she was going to try and get a headstart on some of her extracurricular activities since the student body would be dramatically reduced.

"You are such a Ravenclaw sometimes," the boy laughed. "You're allowed to have downtime, you know. To relax. You, of all people, deserve it. All you do is work in some capacity."

"I can't help it," she laughed along with him. "It's what I'm used to. If I am not doing something productive, I feel like I'm being lazy."

"Don't knock it till you try it," he said, glancing down at his watch. "Damn, I still have to go pack."

"Go," Elizabeth insisted. "I don't mind."

"I can't just leave you in the middle of our date."

"You can make it up to me when you get back from Christmas Holiday," she smiled at him sweetly. "Now go. You're going to be a mess if you don't have everything ready for tomorrow morning."

"You're the best girlfriend in the entire world, you know that?" Anthony asked, rising from the chair.

"You may have mentioned it," Elizabeth said.

"I'll see you after the break," Anthony moved towards the exit but skidded to a halt. Elizabeth tilted her head to the side in confusion. From her seat, Elizabeth took note as his shoulders straightened and his fists clenched. What was he doing?

"Anthony, are you all right?" she asked.

The boy spun on his heel, took a deep breath, and then did something Elizabeth was completely taken aback by.

When it comes to first kisses, butterflies were supposed to erupt in one's stomach after what was supposed to be a romantic date with a romantic setting. According to all of the Witch Weekly articles and books Isobel carried around with her. Even though the Three Broomsticks wasn't the most romantic of places, the way Elizabeth's face heated up at what was happening did not go unnoticed. A voice in the back of her head couldn't help but shout "Finally!" when she felt his lips press against hers.