Not Popular Enough

"Just remember to study exactly what I taught you tonight! I believe in you, Jackson."

Jackson tries to hide a blush at Jimin's overly sweet words, "Thank you, Jimin! And by the way, you definitely have my vote for the election!"

Jimin smiles brightly, showing off his white teeth and gorgeous eye crescents everyone loves so dearly.

No one is dumb enough to run against Jimin for student body president, because the intelligent, lovable boy clearly has this election in the bag.

"You are so kind, thank you so much!" Jimin exclaims, waving gently to Jackson as he walks away.

He's going to win, but the more votes he gets just shows how much more he's supported.

"Awww Jimin, you tutored him?" Sunoo asks, now walking next to Jimin with a smile.

Jimin nods with a happy hum, "Mhm! I can easily use my smarts to win. Tutoring students, helping them makes me happy but I also get their votes. It's a win win situation."

Sunoo chuckles, "I agree, and that's so-"

"Hey, great speech earlier Park! It helped me sleep, and I haven't had much of that these days...so thank you."

Jimin clenches his jaw, already feeling his day being ruined by his least favorite person currently walking next to him, and his least favorite persons annoying best friend on the other side of him.

"Oh, let me guess...you've been out partying all night with those idiots you call friends?"

Jungkook frown's, holding his chest, "Ouch, you're so mean, Park...my heart hurts."

Jimin stops walking, turning around and glaring up into the annoying doe eyes of the cocky human in front of him, "No, Jungkook, your heart isn't what hurts. It's just your brain trying to think!" He walks away, shaking his head, "Idiot," He whispers.

Jungkook just stands in the middle of the hallway, watching Jimin walk off with small angry stomps.

Changbin pats his back, "Why do you and Jimin hate each other so much?"

"Oh, please," Jungkook rolls his eyes, "He's the one that hates me...I just give him a hard time because ever since we started Freshman year, he's been such an asshole towards me..but not to everyone else."

The two actually used to be best friends.

But, I guess not everything good lasts forever?

Or, really...was the friendship even good to begin with?

Jungkook thinks it was. On his part the friendship was great at least.

"Why?" Changbin asks as he and Jungkook watch Jimin smile and interact with other students.

Jungkook shrugs, "Beats me, man. I have no fucking clue. But, I don't hate the kid though, he's just really annoying, so I'm annoying back!" Jungkook now smiles and Changbin just chuckles, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever you say bro. Now come on, my Mom told me if I get another tardy I won't be able to walk for a week, and you know what? I believe her man!"

Jungkook laughs, nodding his head at his friend. His closest friend.

He then glances at Jimin once more, with a frown, before turning around and walking off.

. . .

Jimin walks into Gym class with a scoff, cursing himself for not taking it sooner to just get it over with.

The last thing he wants is to be surrounded by sports and jocks.