The Part With False And Troll And A Dwarven War

A/N
I figured I would give Falsie some time to shine, and this thing did all kinds of worldbuilding. I'm not unhappy with what I got, though.
Parts I wrote are in italics. Have fun.
___________________________________________________

False wandered through the cramped maze-like corridors of Cogsmeade, headed towards the iron farm. She slid down a ladder dramatically and laughed at herself before opening a chest and collecting the massive amount of iron within. After painstakingly climbing the ladder again despite the added weight from the metal, she straighetened the turquoise kerchief around her neck, pulled down her work goggles, and headed to her work bench.

False always felt most comfortable with her tools in her hands and metal bending to her will. She was the server's tinkerer, making contraptions used internationally. This one was a compass meant to track people, almost like a mechanical bloodhound, comissioned by the paranoid Pirate Joe so he wouldn't lose his crewmates again. The magnets were made from specially-formulated brass. They were shaped and heated so that they were just wide enough to hold the metallic coils of a compass and not long enough to hurt their hands.

She gave a satisfied nod and pulled the pointed brass probe out of the magnetic coil. She lowered it down, sure of its initial placement before pulling the cutting force upwards, slicing the middle of the coin.

"WOOF!" False shouted, a fierce woman at work.

As she finished, she extracted the captured magnetic particles and put the metal down next to the iron. She turned to see the cute troll behind her.

"You really were around when Frinton was inventing this?" False asked.

"Been in more of them than I care to remember," Troll said, with a hefty dose of smoke. "Riddles are probably the best way to figure out that. Mind if I finish mine?"

"Sure," False said. "Just don't go overboard on the riddles."

The Troll used a coin of iron and a coin of platinum to create a very complex, cube-shaped device. He then placed the cube on a large apple that he had tied to a pole outside. He set off along the path he had chosen and False followed behind.

The area in front of the cave's mouth was covered in ornate torches. She stopped to look at the rock, chiseling away at the already flawed design. She then snickered and walked on, throwing herself into the work with reckless abandon.

The cave entrance was smooth, with no obstructions of any kind in the way of its accessibility. Her pointy metal object clanged as she walked down the tunnel. Behind her, the troll threw his enormous coin out of the metal-shutter, through the opening, and waited. After several moments, it bounced around, trapped by the bars. He leaned on the bars, puzzled.

A growl came from behind.

"FALSE!" one voice said, "I thought you'd left!"

"How could I possibly leave here when there is work to be done?" False asked, grinning.

"So I've heard," the second voice replied, "But not that important, is it? Why don't you just go into that crypt, and be done with the whole thing."

"Yeah, I thought you'd never ask," the first voice said, "I'll be waiting."

"You might want to get away from that secret entrance in a hurry," False said, alluding to the handful of fresh curse-salts the Troll had stashed in his pocket.

"I'm off then, " the Troll shouted, as his portal disappeared into the wall.

"He's fast," False said, picking up her whistle and applying it to the device. "I think you'll need more coins if this doesn't work."