Side story - Shin's -

"Without you realizing it. Angels are near you. Was observing."

...

My name is Shin. Shin is my common name as a special ER resident doctor. My main job.

While Shinigami, is my common name as a soul taker. Yes. I am a soul taker. There's a reason why I can be like this.

The task of a life taker will begin when a card just appears in my hand.

The white card is the safety card.

Black card, is a death card.

No matter how hard I try to save my patient, if a black card appears in my hand then it is certain that his life will not be saved.

My working hours are over, right now I'm waiting for the traffic light to change color to be able to cross and return to the apartment. Before I could cross, a card was suddenly in my hand. Black card.

New Chawarin
22 Tahun
Pria
Death Time : 15.55

And not long ago, right in front of me lay the body of the young man whose name was on the black card.

"Huhh, time to work Shin."

I ran over to the young man's body which was already surrounded by people around.

I checked the pulse and pulse of a young man named New. Our gazes meet. The young man's gaze reminded me of someone who was the reason why I could be like this.

"Hia...."

I can hear his voice with just a glance.

"Sorry...."

The young man apologized, maybe to someone he called 'Hia' before he finally closed his eyes. Even though I know that my help will be in vain, I will still try for him.

Until 3 minutes have passed, it means that 3 time cycles have passed and there is no sign of a pulse or heart beating again. I stopped helping him.

"Why did you stop?"

Someone's voice interrupted me. I looked at the young man who I estimated was not much different from me. The young man's eyes turned red.

"WHY YOU STOP FUCK!!!" He shouted.

"Khun New's heart has stopped beating and his pulse is no longer beating. For that I-"

"Don't joke! Don't lie to me. He is still alive. My nunu is still alive. Isn't it? Nu~ you still alive, right?"

The young man stroked New's chubby cheeks which still felt warm to him.

"Could it be that he is 'Hia'?"

"You should see a doctor. You try to feel, his cheeks are still warm. His hands were still warm too. That means he's still alive, right? He's not dead is he?"

I saw him hugging New's body tightly. "His body temperature is still warm. I can feel it. Nu~ be aware, you don't make fun of me anymore, you're already joking. Hia knows this is just your game. Hia knows you're doing this because you-" the young man's words stopped as New's hand drooped and a ring fell off from New's hand.

"Nu~~ Don't be like this.. You don't want to see Hia angry, do you? Darling, come on wake up.. OPEN YOUR EYES!!" He screamed heartbreakingly.

I can feel how painful it is to lose someone we love so much. Because I'm the same way.

...

The ambulance that carried New's body had left with the young man who was his lover earlier.

"What do you regret?" I asked him who was currently standing beside me.

New spirits shook his head and smiled. "I don't regret it at all Khun. I'm happy because it turns out that Hia still loves me." He said but then he cried.

"I can give you time so you can meet your lover before you go to the afterlife. How?"

New shook his head. "If I meet him, it will be very hard for me to leave Hia. So it's better like this."

I nodded. "Good decision. You are unique, different from those (spirits) who choose to meet their loved ones but in the end most of them become lost spirits because they don't want to go to the afterlife."

"Are you ready?" I asked once more, reassuring New of his decision.

"Um,"

"Hold my hand and close your eyes. Follow that bright light and follow the voice that will guide you later-"

"Khun-"

"Hem?"

"May I leave a message to you?"

"Sure,"

"If one day Khun meets Hia, please tell him not to be too sad and also that Hia should be happy, with or without me by his side. Tell him that I will always love him."

And after saying that, New's spirit disappeared and I sighed again. In my hand was a ring engraved with the names of New and his lover.

 In my hand was a ring engraved with the names of New and his lover

Zee Pruk 🤍 New Chawarin

...

*Shinigami in Japanese urban legend means God of Death.. could say he/she is a grim reaper*