4

Chapter Four - Why Can't We Be Friends?

I can't help but curse under my breath when I see that someone had let themselves into Valentino's flat and I had been to busy knocking him out to notice.

That means they must be close if he has a key to get in, hmm I wonder how they know each other?

"Hi, can I interest you in some baked goodies? I made them myself." I hold the basket towards him with a fake smile.

The man was good looking I'll admit but I couldn't help comparing him to Valentino.

"I won't ask again who the hell are you?" He shouts as he brings a gun out of nowhere and points it at me from across the room.

"I get, I get. Baked goods won't do your body, that you obviously have spent a lot of time on, any good. I have a lovely fruit salad next door, if you would just let me pop over and get it.." I trail off suggestively.

"No me jodas! Pinche idiota, stop playing games or I'll kill you right now!" He spits.

That's when the fear sets in.

Wow, I've almost been killed twice in a short space of time. That's a new personal best.

Also, where are these hot Spanish men who keep shouting things at me in Spanish as if I understand any of it, suddenly coming from?

"Whoa there buddy, all you had to do was ask nicely. I'm Jax I'm Valentino's neighbour,"

"Jheeze I mean a guy just comes over and tries to help out and be a good neighbour, but then asks one question and BOOM, Mr no-chill-whatsoever over there gets all up in my grill. Like, who invited you to my barbecue?" I notice that I'm rambling and stop talking immediately.

The guy was now staring at me thoughtfully, he then started smiling at me whilst putting his gun back in his hidden holster.

"So you're Jax? Why didn't you say so! I'm Alejandro, Jesús, Gonzalo. Best friend and consigliere to Valentino nice to meet you," he smiled brightly putting his hand for me to shake.

I stared at his hand in discomfort, scared of being touched by him. Alejandro seems like a nice guy, well nicer than Valentino but I just couldn't bring myself to shake his hand.

"Sorry, I'm not a big fan of touching and affection,"

Alejandro nodded his head in understanding shoving his hand into the front pocket of his jeans.

Okay it is official these hot Spanish men both are bipolar to the highest degree.

"Would you mind helping me get this crazy bastard to his room?" I nodded slowly, I completely forgot about the unconscious Valentino that was laying peacefully on the floor.

"You certainly did a number on him, boss won't be too happy when he wakes up I can tell you that," he said chuckling to himself as he picked Valentino up as if he weighed nothing more but a bag of sugar.

His comment didn't help put my overworking heart at rest.

I helped him open the door to Valentino's bedroom and watched as he placed him gently onto the bed.

It was amazing just how different Valentino looked when he was sleep. He looked so peaceful, calm and dare I say handsome?

Well he always looks handsome but this, this was different. It was...nice?

His features soft, this version of Valentino didn't send my heart into overdrive for the wrong reasons, it made my stomachs twist in familiar and unwanted knots.