Missing

You sat in the train, your leg bouncing, you looked up expecting to see your mother or a maid, who would tell you to stop and that it didn't look proper, but no one was there to tell you to stop. "Nervose?" You looked up to see a man, you simply nodded.

"Yes." You deepen your voice as you speak.

He nodded. "I think we all are." He combed his fingers through his hair, messing it up.

"Y-August Y/l/n." You introduce yourself.

The man looks at you with a knowing look. "George Crowell. Duke." He bowed his head down, and tenseness filled the air.

"No need for that." You spoke honestly with a shake of your own head. But other than that short conversation, the ride was spent in a tense silence.

You spent two days on that train until you got to a mutual zone on the France and Italy border, you had been there once before the war. Your family was invited when you were a little girl by the royal family before they had become riddled with a dictator as well.

You all were bored off, and then checked in before, walking into the camp, as you handed the papers over, the man eyed you and the paper. "Your highness." It sounded like a growl.

You were handed a metal necklace with your cousin's name and information on it. "What is this?" You asked with furrowed brows.

"Dog tags, so we know who you are or if you die." He said harshly, you were let past walking through the camp, it had men from France, England, America and Hollis all allies fighting for the same thing.

You were handed a metal necklace with your cousin's name and information, your brows furrow

You observed them, but while you were looking around, you bumped into someone. "Sorry." You spoke fast.

"You're alright, you new?" He asked you to look up, bright blue eyes looked back at you, he had dark brown hair, and he wasn't in uniform at the moment. You nodded that was all you could do at the moment. "Well, I'm James, but just call me Bucky."

You nodded. "I-I'm August."

"Interesting name like the month?" He asked with a smile, his light pink lips pulled up gave him a boyish charm.

"Uh yes." You nodded.

He looked you over for a second. "You're from Hollis." You noticed the slight furrowing of his brows. "Don't you all not support your king's decision?"

"Most don't, but why not defend innocents who don't deserve to be killed." You spoke honest to how you felt.

He smiled. "That's a good way to look at it."

"Sergeant Barnes!" Someone yelled out. James looked at me. "Looks like I got to go, I'll see you later." He walked away.

The queen paced back and forth. "There has to be something we can do, I'm not going to let my only daughter, my only child die." Her voice was distraught.

"Clam down." The king hissed.

"Get. Her. Back." The woman bit out.

The king shook his head. "I can't if we expose her she will be imprisoned, it's a war crime to impersonate a soldier."

"She is a princess, you are her father." The woman hissed at her husband.

He shook his head. "That means nothing to Americans or anyone other than us, she wouldn't be arrested by one of our generals, and she'd be in prison for life."

"That can happen to even royalty?" August asked.

The king looked to his nephew. "Yes. For now, we'll put out a notice that she has gone missing, that will be all that we can do for now."