Steve

Quick A/n: I'm sorry If I make stupid jokes in this I'm slightly high while writing this part sorry.

You all had been informed when Zola had admitted to where the last HYDRA base is, and for the rest of the week was plan building, you all looked at maps figuring out where the best places to strike would be, where to hide, oh and that was a big one, Steve told Philips he'd need all hands on deck for this, Peggy was even coming. To say the least you were excited to work with her in the field.

Bucky, however, seemed worried. "Bucky, after this we can go home, see our family, I wouldn't mind meeting your siblings and parents." You smiled.

Then he smiled. "That would be nice, I would like to meet your parents and officially August, again?" He laughed, making you laugh along.

"See, it's a good thing." You smiled at him.

He nodded. "Maybe I'm worrying for no reason."

When everything was ready for the attack, you were all set. Steve wanted to go say high first, you could see the explosions, from the high mountain you currently were on, with the rest of the Comandos. You could hear the words that Schmidt said to Steve, when he was about to shoot Steve that's when all of you stepped in, more like ziplined in.

    You got the upper hand of HYDRA you and Bucky following after Steve, as an agent with two big fire guns, the three of you hid in a corner before, you could literally be burned alive, the sound of bullets shooting off, was heard and the fire stopped, the three of you looked around the corner to find Peggy, and the man on fire. "You're late." Steve smirked down at her.

    "Weren't you about to uhh..." She led on.

    Steve nodded. "Oh right." The three of you headed down the hall, Steve retrieved his shield, and quickly slipped through, you and Bucky however were stuck on the other side, as the doors began to quickly shut.

    "What do we do now?" You asked Bucky.

    "We fight like hell." He told you.

    Everyone fought like hell, soon gaining power over what was 'left' of HYDRA in that base. You, Bucky, and Peggy found your ways to a Radio tower where you'd be able to get a hold of Steve. "Steve, are you all right?" Peggy asked.

    "Peggy, Schmidt's dead!" He exclaimed.

    All of you looked around at one another, with proud smiles. "What about the plane?" You asked.

    "That's a little bit tougher to explain." He replied shortly after.

    "Give me your coordinates.I'll find you a safe landing site." Peggy spoke again. You stood back waiting for his response when you noticed Philips ushering people out your brows furrowed, he didn't come near the three of you.

    "There's not gonna be a safe landing. But I can try and force it down." He said, a solemn feeling fell around the room.

    "Steve." Bucky spoke, his voice sounding raspy. "I'll get Howard on the line. He'll know what to do."

    "Buck,there's not enough time. This thing's moving too fast and it's heading for New York. I gotta put her in the water." Steve explained to us.

    "Y/n?" He asked you to go up to the microphone.

    "Steve?" You asked.

    He let out a shaky sigh on the other end. "Take care of Bucky, and don't do anymore dumb stuff like you did before, he already had to deal with me, I think he deserves a break." He laughed, you let out a shaky chuckle.

The tears all of you were holding back started to force their way out. "Please, don't do this. We have time. We can work it out." You begged.

    "Right now I'm in the middle of nowhere.If I wait any longer, a lot of people are gonna die." He told you all once again. "Guys, this is my choice." He said. "Peggy?"

    "I'm here." She spoke shakily.

"I'm gonna need a rain check on that dance." He laughed awkwardly.

She took a sharp inhale. "Alright. A week, next Saturday, at the Stork Club."

    "You got it." You could hear the smile in his voice.

    "8:00 on the dot. Don't you dare be late. Understood?" Peggy's lips spread in a sad smile.

    "You know,I still don't know how to dance." He said.

    "I'll teach you." She promised.

    "We'll have the band play something slow, I'd hate to step on your..." He was cut off by stattick.

    "Steve?" Peggy asked. "Steve?" She sobbed out.

    A few days later it was announced that the war was over. All of the commandos had decided that that night, you all would go out to drink and celebrate the end of the war and Steve. Bucky was so broken over Steve, but he did decide to go tonight.    

    You all stood there in your nicest clothes, all of us spoke as we did our first round. "To the Captain."