Chapter 1: Precognition part-1

August 17th, 1997

August 17th, 1997

Brian finds himself in the crowded streets of Aelor, Pauldan. The street is filled with people shopping for clothing and kitchen items and enjoying street food.

Brian is an attractive 18-year-old young man with a height of 5'2", sporting a lean and toned physique. His warm brown eyes and light white skin tone complement his symmetrical face with high cheekbones and a straight nose. His dark brown hair is styled in a flattering manner, adding to his overall attractive appearance. Brian and his family reside in Pauldan, Niveria.

As Brian stands amidst the crowd, he feels as though he is searching for something but is unsure of what it is

As Brian stands amidst the crowd, he feels as though he is searching for something but is unsure of what it is. Suddenly, he sees a girl in a black dress moving through the crowd but cannot see her face. Believing that she is what he has been searching for, he follows her.

However, as he tries to get a closer look, he is bitten on the right arm by an unknown person in the crowd. Brian pulls away and collapses on the road.

He sees that the blood is continuously flowing from the wound on his right arm and is unable to stop the bleeding. He calls out for help but realizes he is all alone with the entire crowd and the girl he was searching for having vanished. The street lights are also out, leaving him in complete darkness with the unknown entity.

The entity that bit Brian has a hood on, making it difficult for him to see its face. The injury on his arm is causing him pain and making it difficult for him to move, causing Brian to feel fear and panic as the mysterious entity approaches him.

As the entity approaches him quickly, Brian suddenly wakes up from his dream in a state of fear and panic, sweating profusely. He looks around, trying to confirm that the entity he encountered was not real. He checks his right arm for any signs of a bite but finds nothing. The vividness of the dream makes him feel as though it was real, but he realizes it was just a nightmare.

After taking a bath, Brian gets dressed and ready to go to college. As he folds his shirt, he checks his right arm for any signs of the bite from his nightmare. Although there is no bite, he still feels the pain and thinks about the dream as more than just a nightmare. However, when his mother calls him for breakfast, he tries to forget the nightmare and come back to reality.

At breakfast, Brian sits next to his sister, Sasha. Sasha is in her first year of intermediate school and is two years younger than Brian. When Carla, their mother, sees Brian, she can tell that something is bothering him and that he looks different than usual.

She asked him, "What happened? You seem different today."

Brian tried to put her mind at ease and replied with a warm smile, "Nothing, Ma. I just didn't get enough sleep last night."

Carla looked at Brian with concern and said, "You shouldn't stay up all night studying, you need to take care of your health, son."

Brian's father, David, and sister are taken aback by Carla's words and David asks, "Do you truly believe he was up all night studying, Carla?"

David goes on to say, "If that was the case, I wouldn't have to pay for his college seat. I think he was up watching videos on YouTube, which is why he didn't get enough sleep."

Sasha nods in agreement with her father and adds, "Yes, Dad. I saw him still watching movies when I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night."

Notice Brian's discomfort, Carla tries reassuring him by saying, "Maybe he did study and then watched some movies to unwind. There's nothing wrong with that, is there, Sasha?"

Before Sasha could respond, Carla added, "I think you two are running late for college. Hurry up and get going."

Brian nods and quickly packs his bag, saying, "Okay, Ma. Bye." as he leaves the house.

Once Brian has left, Carla turns to David and says, "Why do you always have to bring up his mistakes?"

David replies, "I want him to take life seriously and learn from his mistakes. Otherwise, he'll forget them and make them again."

Carla reassures him, "Don't worry, he'll become someone you never imagined someday."

David responds, "We'll see."