Chapter 2: Precognition Part-2

Brian POV:

Brian POV:

As I walked towards my college from the bus stop, my mind was racing with thoughts. My father had scolded me again, and although my mother always supported me, his disapproval weighed heavily on me. But soon, my thoughts were consumed by a dream I had earlier that morning.

In the dream, there was an unknown entity whose face was shrouded in darkness, and I couldn't quite determine what kind of monster or creature it was.

They say that early morning dreams can come true, and I had experienced this phenomenon in the past. However, this dream was unlike anything I had ever experienced, and the memory of it lingered like a dark cloud over my head, and I desperately needed someone to talk to about it.

I knew only one person wouldn't judge me for my bizarre thoughts: my best friend, Mike. We had been inseparable since our school days, and now we were both studying at St. Xavier Medical College. Despite our mischievous and irresponsible past, we were determined to prove our parents wrong by working hard and focusing on our studies.

Usually, we traveled to college together on Mike's bike, but today I was running late, so I texted him to go ahead without me. As soon as I arrived at college, I sought out Mike to share my dream and seek his advice. I knew he would be willing to listen to my strange ideas and theories, and I hoped he could help me make sense of the unsettling experience.

As I stepped onto the college campus, a sudden gust of wind filled my eyes with sand, making it difficult to see. As I rubbed my eyes, I noticed someone walking by me. Despite my blurred vision, I could see that the person looked familiar. I focused my gaze and observed her more closely, and suddenly, it dawned on me - she was the girl from my dream! She was wearing the same blue hoop earrings and walked at the same brisk pace as in my dream. I even caught a whiff of her fragrance, which matched the one from my dream. And now, she was dressed in a stylish green t-shirt, black jeans, and white slippers that looked comfortable yet chic.

Confusion flooded my mind as I wondered whether this encounter was real or just another dream. As I looked up to get a better look at the person, she suddenly vanished into the crowd of students. My heart sank as I realized that I had lost the girl again, just like in my dream.

The realization slowly dawned on me that perhaps it was all in my head and there was no girl to begin with. I felt a strong mix of confusion and disappointment, but I was not willing to give up on the idea of her so easily.

With the hope of finding her, I went to the canteen but despite searching thoroughly, I couldn't find her amidst the crowd of students and staff.

Eventually, I gave up my search and decided to take a moment to myself. I ordered a Thums Up drink and settled down in a corner to enjoy it. While taking a sip, out of nowhere, someone came up from behind me and shouted "BOO!" in my ear.

Startled, I quickly covered my ears and turned around to see who it was. "Mike, what are you doing here? I thought you had already gone to class," I asked in surprise.

Mike responded, "Yeah, I did go to class, but our anatomy professor scolded me for being late, so he asked me to leave. That's why I came here and saw you, and I thought it would be fun to scare you."

I smiled and shook my head, "You did scare me, Mike, but there's something else that's been on my mind, and it's even scarier than you popping up behind me like that."

Mike raised an eyebrow, "What's wrong, Brian? What happened?"

I took a deep breath and recounted my dream to him. As I spoke, I noticed the look of concern on his face. When I finished, he was silent for a moment, taking it all in.

Finally, he spoke, "That sounds like a pretty intense dream. But you know, dreams are just dreams. They don't always come true. And even if they do, it's usually just a coincidence. You don't have to worry about it too much."

I replied, "But do you remember what happened in our tenth standard? I had a dream about a girl standing on the roof of the school, and then she committed suicide. I thought it was just a dream, but a few days later, a girl resembling the one from my dream committed suicide."

Mike nodded and acknowledged, "Yes, I remember you mentioning this to me several times, but the scary entity you're talking about doesn't exist, and this dream is different from the girl who committed suicide, so you shouldn't dwell too much on it, Brian."

I said to Mike, "Perhaps you're right about the entity, but there's something I haven't mentioned because I'm not certain if it's real or just my imagination."

Mike let out a sigh and inquired, "What is it, Brian?"

I gazed at Mike and revealed, "You know, I haven't seen the girl from my dream, but I remember her physical features very well. I saw someone who looked just like her here in college, and I tried to approach her, but she disappeared, and I can't seem to locate her now."

"I don't understand," said Mike with a puzzled expression. "You mentioned earlier that you're not sure if the girl you saw in college is real or just a product of your imagination. So why are you so keen to find her?"

I replied, "I don't know, Mike. It's hard to explain. But there's just something about her that draws me to her. I feel like we have a connection, even though we've never actually spoken to each other."

"I can't believe you're stressing over a girl you saw once in a dream and some random girl you saw on campus which you don't know if they are the same," Mike said skeptically. "It sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me."

I let out a frustrated sigh and responded to Mike, "I know it sounds crazy, Mike, but I feel like something is pulling me towards her. Every time I try to find her, it's like she disappears into thin air. It's frustrating and scary at the same time, but I can't stop looking for her."

Mike leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms, "Okay, I get it. But how are you planning on finding her? It's not like you have any leads."

I thought for a moment and replied, "I don't know, but I have to try. Maybe I'll ask around, see if anyone knows her or has seen her before."

Mike nodded thoughtfully and said, "Alright, but don't get too obsessed with this, Brian. You don't want to end up like you did in the tenth standard, constantly worrying and stressing over something that may or may not happen."

I smiled gratefully at Mike and responded, "Thanks, Mike. I appreciate your concern. I'll try not to let this consume me, but I can't ignore this feeling either. I have to at least try and find her."

As I and mike continued walking toward the gallery. Suddenly, I heard someone calling us from behind, and I turned to see who it was. I was stunned when I saw her standing there wearing a green t-shirt, black jeans, white slippers, and blue earrings. Her appearance was striking, and it caught me off guard.