Chapter 6: Brian's Nightmare Comes true

August 28th, 1997 // Morning 8:30 am

Brian found himself walking down a dark, deserted road illuminated by flickering streetlights. As he walked, he was struck by an eerie sense of déjà vu. He soon realized that he was in college, staring down the path leading to the academic block where he attended his MBBS classes.

As he continued walking, he heard piercing screams coming from his right. Two voices, a man and a woman, were crying out for help. Brian quickened his pace, his heart pounding with fear and trepidation.

As he approached the scene, he was confronted by a grisly sight: a shadowy figure, cloaked in darkness, was feasting on the flesh of a live human being. The victim's screams of agony rang out in the night as the monster devoured him.

The victim, still alive and writhing in pain, pleaded for help as Brian watched in horror. He was frozen in terror, unable to move or even scream for help. The unknown entity, sensing his presence, turned its glowing, violet eyes towards him. Brian woke up in a cold sweat, gasping for breath and frantically searching his surroundings for any sign of the creature that had haunted his nightmare.

Waiting for Mike to pick him up, Brian reflects on his nightmare and still can't believe what happened. As he looks at his right hand, he mutters to himself, "This can't be real. It's just like that nightmare I had ten days ago. No need to panic, just focus on being a good friend to Yelan."

After Mike arrived, he noticed Brian's angry expression and asked, "What's wrong? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Brian replied, "Why did you tell Gorou senpai about me and Yelan?"

Mike chuckled and said, "Oh, so Senpai talked to you. I told him so he could knock some sense into you and convince you to leave her alone."

Brian responded, "You did the right thing because Senpai did talk to me. But instead of what you expected, he told me to befriend her first to get to know her better and possibly win her over in the future."

Mike was taken aback and said, "What? He told you to be friends with her? I can't believe it. That's the dumbest and most old-fashioned idea ever."

Brian, still hopeful about winning Yelan over, said, "I think it's a decent idea."

Mike disagreed and explained, "No, it's not. What if she falls in love with someone else? Could you see her with somebody else? Or worse, what if she settles for you when she has no other options left?"

Brian countered, "What if she realizes, after being friends with me, that I am perfect for her?"

Mike sighed and shook his head, "Brian, you're living in a fantasy world. This isn't some romantic comedy where you become friends with the girl and then she magically falls for you. That's not how real life works."

Brian frowned and folded his arms, "But it's worth a shot, isn't it? What do I have to lose?"

Mike threw up his hands, "You could lose your dignity, self-respect, time, effort...do I need to go on?"