Chapter 7: Enforcer Part-1

August 28th, 1997

August 28th, 1997

Hector Winslow, the Enforcer of Aelor, strikes fear into the hearts of the city's vampire population with a mere mention of his name. Towering over others with his white skin, piercing white eyes, and short blonde hair, he always dresses in a sleek black suit that accentuates his dangerous presence.

With unmatched intelligence and cunning, Hector commands a network of smaller vampire groups who operate under his authority. Together, they keep a watchful eye over all vampire activities in the city. Hector is known for his unwavering commitment to peace and order. He relentlessly hunts down and eliminates any vampire who dares to disrupt the fragile balance of his city.

Danny Winslow, Hector's son, is vastly different from his father. He is infamous for causing trouble and bullying other students at St. Javier Medical College, which makes life miserable for his peers. Despite his misdeeds going unpunished, Hector is keenly aware of Danny's true nature and endeavors to discipline him for his actions. Unfortunately, Danny is resistant to changing his ways, which makes it challenging for Hector to enforce his rules.

At around 2 am in the night, the watchmen hear peculiar sounds near the girl's hostel. Without hesitation, they quickly head towards the scene to investigate what has happened.

Upon their arrival, however, they discover that it's already too late. They find the corpse of a young man lying beside a woman whose clothes are stained in blood. The young man's stomach has been brutally ripped open.

Despite the woman's feeble pulse, the gory spectacle is too overwhelming for the watchmen to handle. They struggle to cope with the horror before them and ultimately decide to report the incident to the police.

Several hours after the incident, the police arrived at the crime scene. Upon their arrival, they were horrified to discover the lifeless body of the young man emitting a foul odor, and swarmed by numerous insects. Meanwhile, the injured woman had been taken to the hospital by ambulance. The policemen immediately called for the forensic team and informed their superior officers about the incident.

Inspector of police, Marcus, arrived at the crime scene upon hearing the news. Unknown to others, he was secretly a vampire. Upon seeing the young man's body, he knew that it was the work of another vampire and he wanted to ensure that the existence of vampires remained a secret.

Marcus quickly informed the Enforcer Hector's office to take care of the woman who had been sent to the hospital. He then used his vampire abilities to erase the memories of the watchmen and policemen who had arrived first on the scene.

Marcus considered carrying the young man's body from the scene as it was gruesomely ripped open in the stomach. However, he found that journalists had already arrived and he couldn't erase all of their memories. So, he covered the body with a white blanket and called Hector's vampires to get an ambulance to transport the young man's body. While waiting for the ambulance to arrive, Marcus watched over the body of the young man and restricted anyone from going near it.

Finally, the vampire ambulance crew arrived and loaded the body into the ambulance, which was taken straight to the enforcer Building. In the underground of the Enforcer's building, there is a secret layer that is established for cases like these.

******

After Brian had fled upon hearing news of the deaths near the girl's hostel, Omar turned to Yelan and expressed his confusion, saying, "I'm puzzled. How did he resist my compulsion? And did you notice, Princess? His heart rate increased rapidly, and I sensed immense fear emanating from his body when he heard about the attacks."

Yelan calmly responded, "I sensed it too, and I think there's something strange about him. But for now, let's focus on the situation at hand. Do we have any idea who could have carried out the attack?"

Omar met Yelan's gaze with a protective expression as he spoke, "Princess, why do you concern yourself with this? The Enforcer vampires can handle the situation. I advise you not to involve yourself in anything dangerous."

Yelan spoke with a sense of duty, "I can't just stay silent when innocent humans are losing their lives, Omar. How can I call myself the heir to the vampire throne if I hide away while people are being slaughtered?"

Omar responded firmly, "I understand your emotions, Princess, but don't forget why you're here. I only agreed to accompany you without telling your father the truth because I believed you could accomplish your mission. Instead, I can't let you risk playing detective in this murder case."

Yelan replied with determination, "I understand your concern, Omar, and I won't do anything rash right now. I'll focus on my mission here. But if I learn that someone else's life is at risk because of this rogue vampire, I won't listen to anyone, not even you, and I'll do everything in my power to find that bastard. You'll have to fight me to stop me."

Realizing Yelan's determination, Omar empathized and said, "If there is indeed another innocent life at risk, you don't have to fight that rogue vampire alone. I will stand by your side and help you fight him."

Yelan nodded in appreciation, "Thank you, Omar. I know I can count on you."

Omar smiled at her, "You don't have to thank me, Princess. My duty is to protect you."

Omar