17.

Hinata was in the kitchen making food while Naruto was in the office looking over plans for finding Boruto. They've both been on edge lately and haven't had much sleep.

When the doorbell rang, Hinata turned her head and ran towards the door. Thinking it may be news on Boruto, she hurriedly called Naruto down. He ran down the steps with sweatpants and a white t-shirt on. The bags under his eyes were slightly darker than before. 

"What is it, Hinata?!" he exclaimed while walking off the last step. Hinata got to the door just then. She rested her palm on the door knob. 

"The doorbell rang. Do you think it's about Boruto?" Naruto shrugged. He didn't know what to say. Most ANBU were looking for Boruto anyway, trying to get as much information on him as possible. He told her to open it and she turned the knob, opening the door. 

There stood Sasuke and Sarada with two suitcases. Naruto and Hinata's eyes widened with curiosity and confusion. What were they doing here?

"Sasuke, Sarada, what's going on?" Naruto asked with confusion. He took a look at the two. They look like they have gotten into a fight. And not one based on physical combat. But the question is, whom would they fight with?

"Naruto. We need somewhere to stay for the time being," Sasuke takes a breath, "please." He looked sincere. His eyes looked tired. 

Naruto saw the look on Sasuke's face. They were quietly begging him to let them stay. Naruto frowned. He wondered what had happened to make Sasuke look like that. And Sarada too? He was curious. The only explanation was that something had happened with Sakura. But what? 

"Of course, Sasuke-kun, Sarada-san." Said Hinata with a polite smile. She motioned her hand for them to come inside.  "Stay as long as you'd like." 

When the two Uchihas' stepped inside the house, Hinata nodded toward Naruto. He bounced back, both knowing what this look meant. 'Something terrible must've happened.'

Naruto called after Sarada, hoping to cheer her up a little.

"Hey, Sarada. How are you doing, hm?" He asked with a smile. She looked up at him tiredly, shrugged, and said, "I don't know."

Sasuke frowned at both Sarada and Naruto. He knew what Naruto was trying to do. Yet Sarada is not in the mood for it. He looked at Naruto and beckoned for him to come over. 

Naruto walked over to Sasuke with a questioning look. 

"What in the world happened?" Naruto exclaimed quietly. Sasuke sighed. "Look, idiot, I'll tell you later. This is about Sarada. I was hoping you could try to cheer her up as much as possible while we stay. She'll need it, trust me."

Naruto was confused. He didn't know what had happened and he was worried. His son and friend were still missing and so far, they had no leads. Don't forget being Hokage for the village. Everything was just so overwhelming. He has no idea how to deal with any of it. 

He shook his head fast and continued walking around the house with the guests.

***

Sarada lay in Boruto's bed staring at the ceiling. Hinata said that until they make more space, Sarada would have to stay in Boruto's room for the time being. Not that they were complaining. It was surprisingly nice and neat. Except for the dirty piles of clothes in almost every corner of the room. 

They had just finished putting their stuff away and now they were tired. From what? They've done no work all day. All they want to do is go sleep forever and ever. That way they would never have to see their mother again. 

They sighed. Sarada slowly got off the bed, planning to change into something for sleeping. 

omfg. i finally updated. sorry not sorry, pookies. but spring break is coming up so YAY. but really bro please forgive me  😭😭