x.

❨𝒕𝒆𝒏❩harlow marie

❨𝒕𝒆𝒏❩
harlow marie

She really thought she could escape. Jokes on her. Harlow let out a sigh, her stomach dropping to its deepest depth. She had managed to make it the rest of the semester without anything crazy happening and she wanted it to stay that way. But all of those hopes diminished when she saw her fathers car waiting for her outside school. She had yet to go to the lab for "tests" and when she saw Harold roll down his window and motion for her, she knew it was over.

Gripping her bag tightly in her hands, she began to make her way over.

"Har!" her name was called. The girl froze at the sound of Liam's voice. She turned to face him, brushing a stray piece of hair away from her face. "Where are you going?" He asked, jogging up to her. The brunette bit her lip.

"The lab," her face twisted into a grimace as she spoke the words into existence. She awkwardly rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet, just waiting for Liam to say something.

"Oh," Liam frowned, watching as Harlow wriggled in agony,"well do you want me to come with you?" He asked. Harlow thought for a moment.

"Yeah that'd be nice," she smiled. Liam returned the gesture, following the girl to her dads car. She opened the back door, sliding in. "Dad this is Liam, he's a friend from school, and he's coming with us to the lab." Harlow spoke quickly, not letting her father get a word in. Harold rolled his eyes, knowing damn well she would refuse to go if Liam didn't. Liam slid into the spot beside Harlow, awkwardly introducing himself.

"You know, you should've gone months ago." Harlow glanced out the window, resisting  the urge to roll her eyes.

"Yeah, well I've been busy," was all she said, drowning the car into an awkward silence.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Walking into the lab was like walking into hell. The ghost of Harlows past haunting her at every turn. The girl reeked of anxiety, but Liam didn't say anything. The three continued through the various hallways. Beacon County power plant was a huge building, with large smoke stacks that looked over the building. The place was eerie if you were in it alone.

Harold stopped at a door near the end of the hallway, and ushered for them to come in. Harlow sucked in a deep breath, her eyes floating around the room. There was two large tables, a freezer and a chair or two. Other then that the white walls were littered with various chemistry posters.

"Sit." Harlow swallowed the lump forming in her throat and sat on the empty table. Liam took a chair and dragged it to sit next to her. The girls legs dangled off the table, swinging nonchalantly.

A few seconds later a couple of her fathers coworkers entered the room, each with a clipboard and white lab coat. Liam could feel the tension in the room, suffocating every living thing within a 20 mile radius.