NEXT RITUALS

VAMANG STHAPNA

VAMANG STHAPNA

The Vamang Sthapna is when the bride's brother gives her a handful of puffed rice and she has to throw it into the sacred fire together with the groom. This ritual is performed three times and is exactly the same as the Khoi Fela ritual in a Bengali wedding.

SINDOOR DAAN OR SUMANGALIKA

The next step is the Sindoor Daan where the groom applies vermillion on the bride's hair mid parting. The couple then stands facing the North star. During the Sindoor Daan ritual, the mother of the groom gives the bride a Nathni or a Nath which she's expected to wear once the Havan is over.

AANJHALA BHARAAI

Aanjhala Bharaai is believed to be one of the most significant Baniya or Marwari wedding traditions. The father of the groom drops a bag of money at the lap of the bride. The bride is then expected to divide the money equally and distributed among her sister-in-law, and her husband. This custom signifies the financial responsibility that a bride is supposed to take care of efficiently.

PAHARAVANI

Once all the Marwari wedding traditions are over, as per a Paharavani, the groom has to sit on a new cloth and the bride’s family showers him with gifts. Both the families and the priests bless the new couple for a prosperous future. The bride pays respect to her father's home and performs a Puja at the threshold. Finally, she breaks an earthen lamp with her feet at the exit.

Here completes all boring but important Rituals next is Our favourite Jhoota Chupai Rasam.

And I will update once you all fix the time.

Signing of
   Parth