𝐕𝐈𝐈 -『 ☠ 』

The atmosphere felt much denser as the sky was grey with the rain falling heavily. It was as if the sky was crying along with the others as they mulled and grieved over Sir Monoma's death.

Although not everybody was crying, the h/c haired woman wearing a jet-black dress and letting the raindrops pour on her heavily just had an emotionless look on her face which made everyone wonder about the extreme pain of losing her betrothed.

"Y/n," Bakugou said as he suddenly went beside her with an umbrella in his hand, shielding both of them from the bad weather. "I'm sorry for your loss..."

"Thank you...but I think you shouldn't be sorry for what happened" Y/n replied, not even minding looking at the casket.

"Pardon?" He questioned tilting his head.

"I don't know whether to be happy or sad now that he's gone. He might be my fiancé, but I don't have any romantic feelings for him of any kind, it was a forced marriage by my parents because they tell me that a good lady should have a man like him"

"A man like him? Why can't it be me?"

"What?" Y/n exclaimed, looking up to meet his vermillion eyes to which he immediately looked away to hide his flustered expression.

"It was nothing, please continue"

"I hate him, I really do but I always have to do a facade of me 'loving' him to just please my parents. All because he paid a friend of my father, and he was convinced that I shall get married to Monoma. Why do I have to do these types of things? Who said I wanted to lose you in the first place?! Forcing me to marry a man and making me leave so I couldn't be with you, why?!" Y/n cried as she clenched her fists and tugged on his clothes, but Bakugou didn't mind it yet instead enveloped the h/c-haired woman in his arms making more tears leave her eyes.

"T-thank you, I really needed that..." She pulled away from the hug, now wiping her tears that blended with the rainwater on her face, but the ash-blonde guy just smiled, rubbing circles on her back.

"Shh, don't worry about it, I'll stay with you for as long as you need me to," he said, making her weep once again and leaning on his shoulders as she put her arms around him. Y/n couldn't be gladder to have a sympathetic friend on her side.

Bakugou wiped the tears on your cheek before caressing your head and pulling you much closer to him. He was glad that you were in his hold and by seeing men dressed in black about to bury Monoma's casket, his vermillion eyes glared and eyed Monoma's casket carefully along with his lips tugging into a wide grin.

'Fucking fool...'

A knock was heard on Y/n's room which she immediately opened to see Bakugou holding up a lamp with a small box on his other hand who had invited himself in before taking a seat on her bed.

"My lord, what are you doing here?" She asked as she sat beside him, both of their bodies now being close to one another to the fact that they could feel each other's breath.

"I figured that you would be all alone, so I wanted to accompany you... I'm just being a fucking nice friend, so don't think too much or anything!!" Bakugou exclaimed making Y/n chuckle.

"Of course, but it really does feel lonely here, especially since I'm a maiden once again"

It was silent yet it was comfortable for the both of them until the ash-blonde guy cleared his throat and placed the box in front of you to open with a small but noticeable blush on his face.

"Hm? What's this? My lord-!" she asked, slightly shaking the box but was cut off when Bakugou had his eyebrows furrowed at her with a pout on his face.

"Cut that crap already, call me by my name or the nickname that you called me when we are younger. I don't want formalities when I'm with you," you opened your mouth to say something, but he stopped you as he put a finger over your mouth. 

"Don't treat me with you lady act just because I'm going to be a damn emperor and because you shitty parents told you to, just be your damn self around me"

It made your heart melt as the way he said it to you was so sincere. After all these years, you still can't believe that he still has that soft side of his when it comes to you. His vermillion eyes then looked at the box once more to which you took as a sign to finally open it and you just couldn't believe your eyes with what you saw.

"Oh my... Y-you still have it?" Y/n gasped as she put the small hat on her head, but it didn't fit on her anymore, making her deeply sigh but still had a smile plastered onto her face.

"I'm not going to be a future emperor for nothing" he said, crossing his arms but you didn't care as you immediately went and lunged at him, but instead of feeling his chest, you felt a small clank of a metal as if it was a necklace being laced upon his neck to which his clothes hid.

Y/n then looked up to Bakugou, only to see his flustered and shocked face making her chuckle in amusement. The ash-blonde guy then gulped to see the woman in front of him crawling in his direction for his breath suddenly hitched.

"Hey..." she whispered, leaning down to his ear.

"What is it?" he lowly replied as Y/n then turned to face him and bopped his nose with her finger.

"Could you stay here for a while? I need to get something" Y/n shyly said as she embarrassingly rubbed the back of her neck before standing up and went to open her vanity, making Bakugou just lay there stunned for he didn't expect that he wouldn't get the fantasy he yearned for as of now.

"My father, I'm sure you know him, right? He didn't allow me to send you a letter to you back then, until I met Monoma. And I always wondered why I didn't receive a reply from you about my letters this past decade... and now that I know, it's quite disappointing" Y/n then threw the envelopes in front of him, some of them were crumpled, burnt, torn and ripped into shreds.

It was obvious about the hint of anger on her face and Bakugou knowing fully well that Y/n was frustrated, he stood up and immediately hugged her from behind making her slightly gasp.

"It's not your damn fault" he said, caressing her cheek.

'It's mine...
All of it was my own fucking fault'

"I'm not sure about that.. j-just forget about it!! Speaking of which, your birthday is soon coming, and you would have to pick an empress anytime soon"

"And right now, you act just like my mother. Stop infuriating me!" He yelled.

"But why haven't you picked yet?!" The h/c woman yelled back making him sigh.

"I'm waiting. For the right time and anything, you'll attend the ball, right?"

"Certainly, that's why I'm here. I want to see you pick your empress right before my very eyes," Y/n said, making Bakugou lean much closer to her and tuck a stray strand of hair behind her ear with a smirk on his face.

"Then fucking I'll do that, it's a promise"