one

CHAPTER ONE ::: "Huang LiHua, please come to the main office." I hear the speaker. My teacher looks up at me from her desk for a moment before she grabs a pass and starts to write on it for me. I sigh before I grab my things and shove them into my bag, the day was about to end anyways. I get up from my seat and pull my bag on.

I then walk over to my teacher who hands me the pass, "Have a good day LiHua." She tells me and I nod as I take the pass from her hand.

"You too miss." I politely say back before I walk out of the room and head towards the main office.

On my way to the office I thought about all the possible reasons they could've called me down there. Maybe someone snitched on me for smoking in the bathrooms during lunch. Or maybe someone saw my text messages with Jaewon where we talked about some very inappropriate stuff. I don't fucking know. I don't know why the would tell the office about the second one but whatever, every possible reason was coming to my mind.

I walked into the main office and the secretary looked up at me, "Huang LiHua?" She confirmed and I nodded.

"Please go into Mister Kim's office." She said and I nodded before heading to his office. I had met up with him a few times before but never for bad reasons so I didn't even know what to think.

::: "LiHua, I'm going to be setting you up with a tutor." He told me and my mouth slightly dropped open. I shut it right away but still remained shocked. I had never ever been tutored in my life so this was going to be different.

"A tutor? For what?" I ask, but really I knew what. I had done good in every class but I have always struggled with math classes. This year I had finished and the second quarter had just started and I was already failing.

"Physics, LiHua." Mister Kim answers even though he knew that we both knew what it was for. "I have a kid who I'm gonna have help you. But I'm going to need you to do something as well LiHua." He then goes on to say.

"What?" I ask, confused and also extremely stressed for some reason.

"I'm going to need you to help this kid that's tutoring you with his Chinese class. I know you're fluent in both Mandarin and Cantonese so I think it'd be a big help with him. I think you're in the same Chinese class anyways." Mister Kim informs me.

"What's his name?" I ask.

He smiles, "You'll meet him in a minute actually so I'll just wait before I tell you." He responds.

There's then a knock at his office door and we both turn to face the direction of the door. "Come in!" Mister Kim calls out and I watch as the door knob turns and the door opens revealing a familiar boy.

"Jake?" I say. Of course it was Jake. It wasn't that I disliked him, I didn't really have any problem with him I just thought he was a bit too arrogant at times.

"LiHua, you're the girl I'm tutoring?" He asks as he walks into the room and shuts the door.

"Well I'm the only girl in here so isn't it obvious?" I ask.

"Mister, she's bullying me." Jake jokes as he sits down at the seta next to mine.

Mister Kim sighs, "Guys, this might be hard but you're both smart kids and so I want to put you up to the challenge." He tells the both of us. "How about the two of you exchange numbers so you could contact one another?" He suggests.

I turn my phone on and go on contacts and hold my phone out so the boy could put his number in my phone. He takes my phone as he hands me his and I type my number in. He then hands me back my phone and I finish up typing my number in to hand him his phone. I look down and see that he put his contact name as "Jakey" meanwhile I hadn't even put my contact name for his phone.

I glare at the boy before I sigh, not even caring anymore as I confirm the contact. I then turn my phone off and place it on my lap again.

"You're first meet up will be tomorrow at the library after school. I've already talked to both of your parents about this and they're both fine with this idea. After tomorrow, you guys can meet up wherever to study but I just want to know you guys actually did your first study session so I'll have one of the librarians let me know when you guys get there." Mister Kim informs us and I just nod in response.

The bell then rings signaling the end of the day, "You guys may go, enjoy the rest of your day's guys." He says and we both say goodbye before leaving.

::: "I'll see you tomorrow." Jake says with a playful wink as we part ways at the front of the school, the both of us having to go the opposite way. I honestly didn't even realize that the both of us had walked next to one another the whole time.

"See you." I politely say back before parting ways with him and heading on my way home. I take my phone out and immediately go to text my mother.

ME mom why didn't you tell me you were having me be tutored and be a tutor?!

MOM surprise

ME mommmmm ugh it's some guy in my chinese class

MOM a cute guy??

ME that doesn't matter!

ME he annoys me

MOM well maybe you'll grow to like him?

ME i don't think so

MOM you'll be fine no complaining

MOM i have 糯米雞 (a/n: it's pronounced lo mai gai which is a cantonese dish it's kind of like the sticky rice chicken type of thing.. it's wrapped in like a leaf.. anyways my grandma makes it for me all the time and i really recommend it- it's really good)

ME kk see you when i get home ma

MOM see u