three

CHAPTER THREE ::: I sat across from Jake once again. He seemed very preoccupied on his phone today. I was fine if he took a few minutes on his phone cause I wanted to as well but then he was on that shit for twenty minutes and I was bored, just wanting to get my homework done. Tomorrow was Friday so I just wanted to have a quick tutoring session tomorrow.

"Get off." I tell the boy.

He glances up at me, "My bad." He says before he turns his phone off and puts it down.

"The Physics homework I got today is the equation I was having difficulties with yesterday and I did most of it so I wanted you to double check what I did." I tell the boy as I pull the homework sheet out of the folder.

"What's the magic word?" He asks and I just roll my eyes.

"Please." I say as I slide the paper over to him to check.

He looks down at the paper and I watch as he finally becomes concentrated, checking over things.

"Is it good?" I ask.

"You did good." He praises and I smile as I take the paper from him. "I've just gotta finish up the last two problems so one second, then we can get to your Chinese stuff." I say before I start the equations.

As I'm doing the work Jake goes back on his phone. I ignored it since I was working. Once I finished though I looked up at Jake and told him but he was once again very focused on whatever was on his phone. I wanted to ask him what had him so distracted but it wasn't my business so I didn't say anything.

"Jake!" I say, rather loudly not and he looks up.

"Oh, you finished. I'll check." Jake said before shutting his phone off and checking my work.

"I'm sorry Jake but can you please not be on your phone so much while we're doing this?" I ask as politely as possible.

He looks up at me, "I'm really sorry. I've just been distracted today. I'll text them to fuck off and pay attention to you." He says before grabbing his phone and actually typing something.

"Well, it isn't about me it's just.. the work and.." I trail off.

Jake shuts his phone off, "It's okay Lili, you can tell me if you want my attention." He teases. I just groan, not saying anything as he hands the paper back to me, "It's good." He confirms and I smile.

"Kay, thanks. What Chinese stuff do you have?" I ask.

He then plops a huge pile of papers onto the table that he pulled out of his bag. Great.

::: "See you." I say as we get to the sidewalk.

"Bye Lili. I promise I'll pay more attention to you." He says before patting my cheek and walking away.

::: I lay in my bed and well, I was thinking about Jake. I thought about yesterday and how he said he owed me and would pay me back today but never did. I also thought about how he said he would text me but never did. It didn't matter anyways since he didn't owe me anything and really it wasn't exactly that I wanted something from him I just.. was thinking about it.