four

CHAPTER FOUR ::: Jake slides a drink across the table and I stop it from sliding off by catching it with my hand. I looked down at it to see it was a mini green tea. He then sat down and opened his own mini green tea up.

"Thanks." I say as I open the drink.

"Yup." He says as he takes a sip of his drink.

"What work do you have today?" I ask. "Cause I don't have nothing." I tell the boy.

"I have one thing, It's for English though I just didn't finish it. I thought you'd have something so I feel kinda bad since I'll just do this work and we'll be done." Jake says and I just shrugged.

"It's fine. At least it's not a lot. I just wanna get outta here already." I say.

He pulls out his sheet and starts to write. As he writes he talks to me, "Wanna hang out with me?" Jake asks.

I raise my eyebrows a little, "You want me to hang out with you?" I ask.

"Yeah, why not?" He asks and I just shrug.

"Nothing, um, sure we can hangout." I respond.

"Good, I wanna walk around Hongdae. There's a fried chicken place I've been wanting to go to." Jake says and I just nod before I realize that I didn't even bring any money with me.

"I can't. I don't have money with me." I say.

He laughs, "Don't worry about it. I got you." He says.

"You sure?" I ask.

"What type of gentleman would I be if I didn't pay for your food?" Jake teasingly asks with a smile.

"What is this? A date?" I ask.

"Only if you want it to be, baby." Jake winks.

I wanted it but I denied anyways, "I'm good." I say with a smile.

"That's fine with me. If you change your mind and decide this is something romantic just let me know." Jake says.

"Oh my God, alright Jake I will." I say.

::: We hopped onto the bus that took us over to Hongdae and both sat down at the seats in the back. I put my backpack between my legs on the floor in front of me. I then looked over at Jake who was already looking at me.

"What?" I ask, confused on why he was looking at me.

He wore the smile he always had on his face for some reason, "You know yesterday, when I was on the phone, I was just texting my friends." Jake tells me.

I felt a somewhat relieved feeling for some reason but then I felt confused; confused on as to why he was telling me that. "Alright." I answer.

"You know Sunghoon and Jay?" Jake asks and I think for a moment.

"No, are they those boys you walk with in the halls?" I ask. i had noticed he always walked with these two other boys from the class next to ours.

"Yeah, Sunghoon's the one with the blonde hair and Jay is the other one." Jake says and I nod, unsure on what to really say. "I guess I just wanted to tell you. Didn't want you to be jealous thinking I was texting another girl." He says in a teasing manner.

"Trust me, I don't care." I say but really the thought of this boy that I had known for a while but also only really knew since Wednesday with another girl made my heart sting a bit.

"You sure about that? You're face kinda got serious. Smile dropped and all that." Jake points out.

I decide to change the subject, "So, are you positive you're going to pay for my food? I mean, I can pay you tomorrow, I'll PayPal you." I say and Jake laughs as he shakes his head.