eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN ::: Jake was correct, I did end up getting my period a few days later. This period was just one of those worser periods. I was honestly struggling, I was more emotional than I usually got when I got my period, I had such bad cramps, and a horrible headache. Everything was getting on my nerves.

I woke up to my Chinese teacher yelling at me, "LiHua! Wake up!" He yelled in Cantonese from the front of the room. I opened my eyes, only just realizing that I had been dozing off.

"Sorry." I said back and he just sighed before going back to what he was saying. I looked over and saw that Jake was looking at me concerned.

"Are you okay?" He mouthed.

"I'm fine." I mouthed back.

"Um, excuse me Jake and LiHua. If you're gonna communicate with each other I'd rather you do it in Chinese, not silent language." He scolded us.

::: Jake put his hand in mine, tightly holding onto it as he worriedly asked me questions. "Are your cramps bad? Did you eat this morning. You need to drink a lot, I heard your period makes you more dehydrated. I can get you chocolate, don't girls like chocolate on their period? Wait, maybe you should call your mom to pick you up? Or you can go take a nap in the nurses office. I'll skip all my classes and stay with you if you want me to. Or, maybe you want to be left alone, I can leave you alone for the day. I-" I cut Jake off.

"Jake!" I said rather loudly. "I appreciate it but really I'm fine. This happens every month I'm used to it." I tell him.

He sighs, "I'm sorry, I've never had to like, take care of a girl when she was on her period so I just want to do my best." He tells me.

"You don't have to take care of me." I smile.

"I want to." He responds.

"I do want to be with you but let's just get through these two more classes and after you can walk to my place with me and we can take a nap together." I told the boy.

He let out a breath, "Text me if you need me. Thanks for telling me. I l- I'll see you later." Jake said before placing a quick peck on my lips and walking off. Is it weird, I just loved him so much and I found all of this so sweet.

::: I walked into my bedroom and flopped down on my bed. I just wanted to sleep, I was so tired. Jake walked over to me and handed me the bag of chips he picked up for me on the walk to my house. I had taught him that rather than chocolate and sweet things on my period, I preferred salty more.

I placed the bag on my nightstand so that I could have it when I woke up. I then laid down on my bed, over the covers and snuggled into my pillow. Jake gasped as he laid next to me, "Excuse me. I'm right here to cuddle." He said, offended.

I laughed into my pillow, "Sorry." I say and he held his arms out for me. I got closer to him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Try and get some sleep." He then whispered before placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"Mhm" is all I said before shutting my eyes and quickly falling asleep.

::: I woke up, slowly lifting my head from Jake's chest. He still slept as I sat up in the bed and grabbed a tampon, going to change it and take care of myself. When I walked back out of the bathroom my mom called my name. I looked over to the living room to see her sitting at the couch.

"So, Jake is over?" She asked.

"He stayed with me since I wasn't feeling good." I informed her.

"Well when he wakes up, let him know that he can stay for dinner." My mom tells me and I just nod. "He is a good boy." She smiled. "I'm glad he's taking care of you." She then said. I just smiled before walking back into my room.

Jake was still sleeping so I just laid back down in bed and silently went on my phone. I then felt his hand wrap over my stomach as he groaned, waking up. I just stayed still, letting him wake up on his own as I scrolled through social media.

"Did the nap help?" Was the first thing he asked.

"Yes." I responded with a smile, as I looked over at the boy.

"Good. It helped me too." He laughed.

"My mom wants you to stay for dinner." I told the boy who smiled.

"I'll stay." He says as he nuzzles his face into me.

"You remind me of a dog. Not like, in the bad way, but like, a puppy." I told the boy.

"I get told that a lot." He says against my skin.

"Come on~ Let's get up." I told the boy as I brought my hand up to his hair, massaging his head a little.

"Now I don't want to." He murmurs.

I pulled my hand away from his head, "Then I'm stopping, now come on."