Chapter 7

After school, I head home in my impala, cigarette in my mouth. I pet Riley as I walk into my house and get out some cat food for her. I sit down on the couch and turn the TV on, when my phone rings.

"Y'ellow," I say.

"I-is this Eren?" A quiet voice asks.

"Mikasa?"

"H-hi. Sasha is holding a party at a Bar and was wondering if you wanted to come. The whole school will be there, and she thinks you might be able to meet some new people and make friends. She also thinks you can get a g-girlfriend," she stammers.

"Uh sure, I'll go. When is it, and what bar?" I ask.

"It's the Wings Of Freedom Bar, the one on Titan Ave," she replies. "It's at 9."

"Okay, cool, thanks. I'm guessing Armin gave you my number?"

"Yeah. Do you like the Beanie I gave you?" She asks shyly.

"Yeah, I love it. It hides my ugliness," I joke.

She gasps. "You're not ugly! You're the complete opposite! You're beautiful!" I hear her slap her hand to her mouth, but she says Nothing. I'm guessing that when she said that Sasha thought I could get a girlfriend, she meant she wanted to be my girlfriend and Sasha never said a thing.

"Thanks.." I say awkwardly, trying not to sound awkward.

"I'm so so sorry!" She says. "I didn't mean it! Well, I MEANT the part that you aren't ugly and all but-"

I cut her off "Mikasa, it's okay. I'll be glad to go to the party and see you, possibly buy you a drink," I say, trying to ease her.

She giggles a bit. "Okay."

"See you there," I say, then hang up.I save her and Armin's number into my contacts, putting 'Mushroom' as Armin's name and 'Raven' as Mikasa's. I then take a shower that takes a surprising 2 hours, change into a loose black shirt and a loose white bandana. I then put on some black jeans, and a red plaid shirt, not buttoning it so that it makes a jacket. I put some black and gray socks on, then I put my black skull sneakers on. I check the time. 20:33, so 8:33. I put on the Beanie Mikasa had given me, then I pick Riley up and kiss her good-bye, then jump in my car and drive to the Bar. It had a funny name, but it didn't really bother me, after all, it had to have some sort of meaning to it if a Bar was named it. I arrive at 20:55, getting a seat at the counter. I waved the bartender down and ordered a bottle of beer, taking a giant swig of it when it came. I saw Sasha and Connie walk in, Connie's arm wrapped around Sasha's shoulders. I waved them over with my bottle in my hand, and they walked over.

"Hi Hi Hi!!" Sasha exclaimed, springing from Connie's grasp and jumping around me. Connie sighed and tried to calm down Sasha. "Guess what guess what guess what!!" Sasha yelled in my ear.

I winced and closed my eyes, then reopened them. "What?" I asked, my ears throbbing.

"MIKASA LIKES YOU AND SAYS YOU'LL BUY HER A DRINK!!!" she swirls, spinning me around in my chair. She sits on my lap so that she doesn't tip over, and my muscles tense. I mouth the words I'm sorry to Connie, and he just shrugs. The chair almost tips, and Sasha grabs me, scared. I grab the counter and stop the chair from spinning any more, getting dizzy. I shove Sasha off my lap and she falls into Connie's arms. He stumbles and falls, Sasha landing on top of him. She giggles and blushes, and gives him a quick peck on the cheek before getting up and running Mikasa. I help Connie up, then take another swig of my beer. Mikasa looks around then spots me. She wiggles out of Sasha's grip and runs to me, hiding behind me from Sasha. People start shuffling in by the time my beer is all gone. I order another bottle. When I'm on my fifth bottle, completely drunk, someone familiar sits next to me.

"Levi," I slur, wavering on my seat.

He turns to look at me. "Bastard," he says.

I frown and whimper. "Wha di ah evah doo too yoo?" I slurred, my arm shaking on the counter.

He sighs. "Kid, why are you so wasted?"

When I answer, I'm not skirting any more. "My father was an abuser and abandoned my mother and I.when I was 11, an hour after that while I was out with my new kitten, my mother got raped and murdered by her brother, Kenny. I was put in the adoption service. At my first Foster house, my "parents" were rich and busy, ignoring me. One time my "father" came home from a bad day at work and beat me bloody. After that, they both died in a plane crash over the Atlantic. I got adopted again by a decent family, and I lived with them for a year, keeping my cat with me. They almost ran her over with their car when they were drunk driving and she was in the yard, and I refused to stay, I wanted to be sent back, so they did. I spent my 13th birthday in the adoption home before I got adopted, again. These people, I knew they were different. I stayed with them for 4 years. They burned to death in a house fire on my birthday. They were the best foster parents I had ever had. At every school I went to, I was bullied and called a freak. I started to believe, and started to cut. At every home, I attempted suicide. I have no friends what-so-ever. Oh, and I'm gay," I ended my rant with that. I took another swig of the beer. "Yoo r bootifuh," I say, slurring again.

Levi looks at me. "So that's why you look like crap," he says.

"Wha?" I ask.

Levi continues, "Because you are crap."

I open my mouth to say something, but he cuts me off with a kiss.

"I know you won't remember this," he says when we break apart, then leaves. "I'll help you," he says before he leaves.