Chapter 9

"Mikasa" I say. "Go with Eren, I'll be fine."

Mikasa studies my face. "Just don't do anything you'll regret," she says, kissing my forehead before getting up to leave my room.

I sigh and close my eyes, leaning back on my bed. I thought about all the times I had spent with Michelle. After her death, me and a few of her friends got together, forming a group in her honor. Her friends were Isabell and Farlan, but they moved back to France in July.

I sigh again, then sit up. I didn't remember whether or not I took a picture of my painting, so I did and posted it on Amazon. I place the painting on the floor and grab a new canvas. I start sketching an arm sideways on the floor, limp, an empty pill bottle in hand, cuts all over it. I draw a pool of blood oozing out from underneath the arm, blood slipping down the sides. I draw the tip of a shoe in the corner of the paper. The girl was found. I grab my paint and paint brush and start painting in the sketch. I'm half way through when my door creaks open. I put my paintbrush down and grab the pocket knife out of my side pocket and point it at my door. Someone stands next to my door, barely visible, facing sideways. They stand in the light, hands held up.

"Woah!" They say. "Its just me!"

I sigh. "Oh, Eren." I place the knife back in my pocket and approach him, keeping him out of my room. "What do you want?" I ask.

He looks past my shoulder around my room and sees my microphone. "Cool!" He exclaims. He looks at my guitars. "Bass?" He asks. I nod. "Can I go in?" He asks.

I sigh and move to the side, letting him pass. "Just don't break anything, or else you're paying," I tell him.

I walk back to my painting and pick up my paintbrush, continuing to fill in the blank spots. I hear Eren pick up my bass guitar and quietly tune it, then hook it up to the amp, turning the volume down. He turns the mic on, but turns the volume for that down, too. I hear him strum the guitar, and then start playing a song I instantly know, Black Parade by My Chemical Romance, my favourite band that broke up a while back.

Eren starts singing.

"When I was
A young boy
My father
Took me into the city
To see a marching band.
He said 'Son when
You grow up
Will you be
The saviour of the broken,
The beaten and the damned?
And will you
Defeat them,
Your demons,
And all the non-believers,
The plans that they have made.
And some day
I'll leave you
A phantom
To lead you in the summer
To join the black parade!"

His voice is so sweet, so soft. I close my eyes and stand still for a minute, taking in the purity of it all. I take a deep breath, then open my eyes and continue to paint.

"When I was
A young boy
My father
Took me into the city
To see a marching band
He said 'son when
You grow up
Will you be
The saviour of the broken
The beaten and the damned?"

He broke into a guitar solo, and it sounded absolutely perfect.

"Sometimes I get the feeling
That she's watching over me
And other times I feel like I should go.
But through it all, the rise and fall, the bodies in the street
And when you're gone we want you all to know
We'll carry on.
We'll carry on."

Eren trails off and sets the guitar back down. "I forgot the rest," he murmurs, sitting down on the floor, head lowered. "I'm bad at remembering some lyrics." He looks up at my art. "You really haven't experienced this?"

I shake my head. "No."

Eren pauses for a moment. "It really seems like you have. I'm sorry if I'm right."

I lower my head, then turn back to my painting. It's finished. I lean back in my chair and accidentally fall, slamming my head against the floor and break the back of my chair. I lie there for a moment, gazing up at my painted cieling. I had painted it so that it was similar to the famous painting Starry Night. I role over and get up, picking up the mess and putting the broken chair off to the side. I lay back down and gaze up. I smile and close my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

*/*/**/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

So sorry i havent updated yet. My tablet broke and i just recently got a new phone, so i wasnt able to do much. So sorry, once again. Hope you enjoy this crap.