Chapter 3: Déjà Vu is Overrated

Seriously, deja vu can be scary. Once for a entire day, every. Single. Thing. I did. Ended up with deja vu. It was... odd. So now, we have the first appearance of my OC. Yaaaaay. Don't worry, there'll be more explanation and description later, cuz right now, she's just... Well, you'll find out. Read on!

'Well... Doesn't this bring back memories?' Was Gin's first reaction when he woke up again. 'Guess that wasn't all a hallucination.'

He checked his body and frowned in disappointment. Esprit was right; he really had de-aged quite a bit. If he had to guess, he looked around the age when he found Rangiku. Gin supposed he had to be grateful that they hadn't sent him back in toddler form as a joke. Being treated and unable to do anything as a baby when centuries of experience was locked into his mind would have been irritating and awkward.

Gin got up and dusted himself off, taking a minute to adjust to his shorter limbs. Even his mind and instincts seemed to work slower as he abruptly realized he was in a forest. He scanned for danger, teeth gritting unconsciously when he realized his senses had been dulled. Had he really been this bad before he became a Shinigami?

Gin checked for Shinso, sighing in relief as he grasped the hilt. He had intended to slide it out of its sheathe in one smooth glide, but the blade seemed much heavier than he remembered it. His frustration grew as he wrestled the weight of the metal back into the open. Gin attempted to lift it from his drooped pose and perform a kata. His mind knew exactly what to do, but the muscle memory just wasn't there. In his desperation, his sword dropped and he kicked a nearby tree with all his strength. The sturdy structure didn't even budge.

Gin sat down with a plop. In all his time, he never recalled ever feeling this defeated. It seems as though he really would have to start straight from the beginning. He flashstepped up the tree, comforted by the fact he could still travel with Shunpo, even if at a much slower pace. Gin blankly stared, but all he could see for miles around were plants.

So much for finding a dojo. Suddenly, the young boy found magic to be an intriguing idea.

__________________________________________________________________

A week. One whole week of training, and Gin still couldn't hold Shinso properly. Or, at least as easily as he wanted to. To say he was fed up with it all was an understatement.

He even tried to cool his head with meditation, something he never had much patience for, which ended up in failure and silence from Shinso. Gin wondered how long he would have to stand the cold shoulder. It wasn't exactly his fault he was reincarnated and was so weak now.

And so, all of said pent-up stress was being released as Gin flew through the air, trying to push himself to become faster. He wouldn't even have noticed the path underneath him at all if he hadn't suddenly plunged toward the ground as the trees, and by extension his perch, vanished. With his face covered in dust, Gin picked up his head looked around.

He couldn't believe he missed such a large trail before. With his mind automatically memorizing landmarks, he wandered down the dirt road.

As Gin felt nostalgic, he could almost see a strawberry blond girl, scruffy and beaten up laying on the ground. As he approached, Gin waited for the hallucination to disappear.

When it didn't, Gin suspected he might have had a fever, or perhaps hit his head and didn't notice. Hesitantly, he kneeled by the girl's side and touched her hand, only to reel back in surprise.

She was real flesh and blood.

Gin hastily turned her over, only to have a chill run down his spine. She looked eerily similar to Rangiku. Gin groaned, wondering why history seemed to be repeating itself. Fate seemed to love making him find random orange-haired girls to protect, babysit, befriend, and betray.

The only answer he found was to why Esprit had a maniacal and sadistic look in her gaze.

__________________________________________________________________

In an universe far, far away, Esprit sneezed. She blinked, looking around innocently with large, exaggerated eyes.

Welp, sorry for the delay. Hope this makes up for it. Even if it's short and sweet. So, as you can tell, Gin isn't going to be an overpowered character who just takes cares of all of Fairy Tail's problems with ease. If he did, a) the mages would never get stronger and b) it would be boring and repititive. Of course, that's not say he won't ever be fighting. If everything works out the way I want it, he will reach full power again one day.