Ch.3 Of Runaways and Stowaways

Brisa's Pov

Seagulls call as a ship moves over peaceful blue waters. Passengers strolling across both the upper and mid decks. Blake rests her hands on the rail and stares out at the ocean, with me leaning on the rail with my arms crossed. Blake then hears a burst of sudden laughter behind her. She blinks and looks over her right shoulder, somewhat startled. Blake and I watched at the two kids laugh over a joke. Blake almost smiles and turns to look back at the ocean. I, on the other hand, is sadly reminded of how I was during my first travels: cheerful and naive. But due to the harsh events that have transpired, it all changed.

Just then footsteps approach.

???: "Travelling alone?"

Blake jumps and grips the hilt of Gambol Shroud, while I just rolled my eyes. Blake halts her action when she sees the captain of the boat. The captain holds up his hands in a reassuring manner.

Captain: "Now, now, no threat here. Just here to chat."

Blake hesitates before relaxing her posture with a roll of her eyes.

Blake: "And why is that?"

The Captain lowers his arms and then twists to lean idly onto the rail.

Captain: "Well, not many people travel by boat on their own. It can be quite a lonely voyage. But I found those that do tend to have the more... interesting stories."

Blake turns away from the Captain.

Blake: "I'm..... not exactly alone."

She says this as she glances at me, I just averts my gaze. The two kids run behind Blake laughing and she gasps again, not expecting the noise behind her. She turns and blinks at them trying to reset her calm, much to the captain's amusement as he starts laughing.

Captain: "I see, but with your paranoia, I think a few more friendly faces wouldn't hurt."

Blake: "Who says I'm paranoid?!"

Blake frowns as she turns away from the captain, as the he laughs again. For a moment she thought she saw me smile a bit, but only saw a neutral expression on her face.

Captain: "No one, dear, no one. I'll leave you be."

The Captain turns and walks away, then stops.

Captain: "But uh, fair warning: these trips can be awfully boring."

The Captain continues on his way and Blake stares after him. Once he's gone, she turns and looks at the ground for a few seconds, and turns to look at me only to see me staring at the children sadly. Blake notices and places her hand of my shoulder.

Blake: "I know the feeling. Starting off that innocence until..."

I suddenly removes Blake's hand from her shoulder as she bluntly responds;

Brisa: "Just... (sighs).... If you're really not paranoid, Blake, get rid of that bow. There's no point in wearing it anymore."

Blake hesitates for a while, but she eventually reaches up and starts undoing her bow, and holds the ribbon out over the railing. She lets go and watches the ribbon swirl in the air once before landing on the water.

After that, for some reason, Blake starts looking around and believing no one will listen to them, she speaks to me.

Blake: "There's something I want to ask you, why didn't you tell me that you are the daughter of a resistance leader or that you potentially the heir to a weapon's industry?"

Brisa: "It's just.... If people knew it would make my life harder I guess. I mean you guy's found out about my mother being the resistance leader so i didn't tell you guys about me being potentially the heir to LWI."