Ch.10 Kuroyuri

3rd Pov

The episode opens on a view of Oscar's aunt's farm at sunrise, then cuts to the interior of Oscar Pine's bedroom where he is staring at a packed, green backpack on his bed. He looks toward the window. His fingers tense for a moment. Cut to Oscar, now wearing the backpack, walking along a dirt road away from the farm. He stops and looks over his shoulder, then faces forward, adjusts the backpack and resumes walking. Cut to Oscar following a dirt road in a forest.

Ozpin: "I'm sorry."

Oscar: "Y'know... the weirdest part is how it feels. Leaving home is crazy. Going to the city is crazy. Everything you've told me is completely crazy. But it doesn't feel crazy anymore. It feels like I'm doing the right thing."

Ozpin: "Well... I suppose that's good."

Oscar: "No. It's scary.".

Thunder crackled through the air. Oscar then rushed off.

Oscar bows his head as he speaks, then lifts his head up and looks nervously at the sky as thunder crackles in the distance. He quickens his pace down the road.

Once he got to the train station it has begun storming, and Oscar hurries to the covered platform, holding his hands over his head. When he gets there, he walks up to a large machine with a screen on it, which reads:

"Welcome! Scan Lien to begin."

He rests a Lien card against a scanner. The screen displays an error message that reads:

"ERROR
Unable to complete request.
REASON GIVEN:
Insufficient Funds (Code: 726)"

Oscar: "Stupid thing. I'm assuming whatever weird this is doesn't come with an infinite supply of money?"

Ozpin: "I'm afraid you'll have to solve this one on your own-"

Oscar: "Huh?"

Ozpin: "Be on your guard."

Oscar: "What do you mean?"

Hazel: "Here."

Oscar looked over at Hazel. Hazel walked up and hit the top of the Ticket Machine making it work for Oscar. The Ticket Machine spat out a ticket for Oscar onto the ground. Oscar picked up the ticket as Hazel walked passed him. Oscar looked at Hazel as Hazel stopped walking.

Hazel: "Don't let such a small obstacle block your path."

Hazel then walked off.

Oscar: "That man... I felt... Who is he?"

Ozpin: "Someone from my past. Someone who should not be taken lightly."

Meanwhile

A cracked sign bearing the name Kuroyuri rests against ruins. The whole village was a complete wreck, buildings were destroyed, and houses were burned. Whatever glory the village had was all but vanished. Razor, Ruby and Jaune walk down the road, carrying Qrow on a stretcher. They pause and look unhappily around.

Jaune: "Oh, man."

Ruby: "Come on. Any of these places look like a pharmacy?"

Jaune scans the ruined buildings to see any signs of pharmacy but they were all charred and burned, making it hard to identify which one was the pharmacy.

Jaune: "It's... honestly hard to tell."

Ruby: "Ren really didn't want to come here, did he?"

Jaune: "Uh... didn't seem so."