Ch.4 Family

3rd Pov

Oscar Pine carries a pitchfork into the barn, which has loose bits of hay strung about the floor. He passes a sink with a mirror behind it, and something makes him pause and take a closer look. He sees his own reflection and lifts a lock of his hair, as if expecting something different.

He leans forward and examines the mirror more closely.

Oscar: "Hello?"

Just as Oscar is about to back away, a voice booms out, sending him crashing backward.

Ozpin: "Hello! I'm Professor Ozpin!"

Oscar looks up at the sink and mirror from the floor of the barn, breathing heavily. From outside the barn, a woman's voice calls out.

Oscar's Aunt: "Oscar? You be careful with those tools!"

Elsewhere in Yang's Nightmare

Yang is inside a nightmare. All around her are broken pieces of buildings and darkness. She is lying on the ground completely wounded. She struggles to lift her head up to see Adam Taurus, a few meters away from her, strangling Josh in the air. Josh struggles to turn his head towards Yang. His face was bruised up and bloodied. Adam then turns to Yang as well. He grins and he starts to unsheathe his katana from its sheathe.

Yang was able to figure out Josh's lip movement, mouthing for her to run. She shakes her head furiously as she tries to get up on her feet, and desperately tries to limp her way towards them. Adam reels his katana back, and then impales Josh in his abdomen.

Yang awakens with a gasp. She is in her room, lying on top of her bed. The robotic arm was given and, delivered by her boyfriend Josh, rests on her bedside table, out of the box. Yang looks at it for a moment before turning her face away. She then hears laughter coming from downstairs.

Yang heads downstairs to discover Professors Oobleck and Port, and Josh, who is now seen without his light blue coat, sitting at her kitchen table and laughing with Taiyang.

Port: "And, and, and then, in comes Qrow, wearing a skirt! I was just a TA, I-I didn't know what to do, so I just... I just left the room to laugh!"

Yang comes to the kitchen door while the four laugh.

Taiyang: "We told him it was a kilt! He'd never worn a uniform before, so he didn't know!"

Oobleck: "That is terrible! What is wrong with you!?"

Taiyang: "Hey! The girls all said he had nice legs! I did that jerk a favour! But, that's not even the best part! See, then he-"

Port then suddenly puts his right leg on the tabletop, cutting off Taiyang.

Port: "Like what you see?"

There's even more laughter. Taiyang claps from mirth and Port joins in the hilarity as he fells down on the floor out of sheer laughter. Yang giggles too, covering her mouth, but Josh and the three teachers become alerted to her presence. Oobleck stands while Port gets up off the floor. Josh, on the other hand, just remained in his seat.

Port: "Oh, uh, Miss Xiao Long! Uh, please, join us."

Yang enters while Oobleck laughs, a little bit embarrassed.

Oobleck: "Oh, yes, yes, pull up a chair. Please, pull up a chair."

Yang: "I'm good. Still here, Josh?"

Josh: "Yeah well, I can't exactly just go around and leave you alone, can I?"

Yang shrugs her shoulders as she hoists herself backward up onto the kitchen counter, besides where her father stands. Port and Oobleck sit then back down on their chairs.