Ch.11 Taking Control

3rd Pov

In Salem's Domain, Cinder trains under Salem's guidance in using her Fall Maiden powers against the Grimm. Just as she kills the last Grimm, she falls to her knees, breathing heavily.

Salem: "Enough."

She walks forward while Cinder continues to struggle for normal breathing.

Salem: "I thought you were the girl who wanted power. Did you lie to me?"

Cinder winces on the force of Salem's question before looking upward. Turning to face Salem, Cinder clearly shakes her head negatively.

Salem: "Then stop holding back. If you wish to master your new powers, you must–"

Salem is cut off by the sound of heavy doors opening. On the opposite end of the stone hall, a sobbing Tyrian enters. He falls to his knees once in the room, both hands flat on the floor and his head bowed.

Tyrian: "I'm sorry. She'll forgive me. Pleeeease."

Tyrian bows again on the last word.

Tyrian: "Forgive me..."

Salem: "Tyrian!"

She stands before him. He raises his body but remains sitting on his legs while Cinder rises from the stone floor behind Salem.

Salem: "Your task - were you successful?"

Tyrian: "N-no."

Cinder's eye widens. Salem also looks surprised for a moment before narrowing her eyes and walking away. Cinder watches their leader for her further reaction without looking at Tyrian. He starts begging as he turns his body to remain facing Salem.

Tyrian: "But-but hope is not lost! My tail, my stinger... I-I poisoned him, Qrow! The girl too! They will not be a nuisance to you any longer, no... no longer! I've done that..."

As soon as Tyrian said the part he had wounded Cyra, Salem's eyes glowed eerily in anguish as she sharply turned her head towards her subordinate, making Tyrian shiver in fear.

Salem: "Haven't I specifically ordered you not to touch the girl?!"

Tyrian: "She was in the way of my mission, my lady. I–"

Salem merely raises her hand, and it was enough to halt Tyrian from speaking.

Salem: "The last eye is blinded, you disobeyed a direct order:...you greatly disappoint me."

Salem leaves. Tyrian falls forward, wailing in despair. A Beowolf approaches, all focused on Tyrian's negative emotions. It ignores Cinder and leaps upon him. Tyrian sends it away with a single blow and it lands on its back. Still wailing, Tyrian opens his weapons and leaps atop the Beowolf. He slashes at it repeatedly, tears streaming down his face. His wails gradually turn into a burst of more sadistic and psychotic laughter as he vents his grief into the butchering of the Grimm. Cinder watches horrified.

Meanwhile

Outside their house, Yang, without her bionic arm, approaches her boyfriend, who is just arrived from his merc work, Yang walks toward him.

Josh: "Hey, Yang. Here greet me?"

Yang: "Yeah, pretty much."

Josh: "And where's your arm?"

Yang: "I... took it off to give it some.... paint job."

Josh: "Can I see it?"

Yang: "Sure."

With that, Josh followed Yang to see the new paint job. Josh then headed inside to get something as Yang's head into their tool shed. After spraying paints her robotic arm and half of her Ember Celica bright yellow. She goes back into the tool shed and takes the tarp that had been covering her motorcycle off.