chapter 55

MARCIE SLEPT IN HER PARENTS' BED THAT NIGHT, WORRIED THAT THEY'D BE GONE WHEN SHE WOKE UP.

But they weren't. They were still there. They were alive.

Now there was another problem. Michonne and Andrea were planning on leaving that day. But Marcie couldn't go. 

Her parents wouldn't make it out there. They were accustomed to the lifestyle inside the walls.

The young woman left the bed and went downstairs, finding her mother making breakfast while her father was looking down at a map at the kitchen table.

"Morning." Marcie grinned.

She didn't think she would ever see this again. All of them under one roof. 

"Morning, stellina." Her mother smiled from the stove top.

Marcie kissed her father on the cheek before staring down at the map, "Papa, can I use this?"

"Of course, cara." He continued looking down at it, "What do you need it for?"

"The group I was with before... I promised someone that I would find Merle and bring them back together. I don't know where he is, but I've gotta try." Marcie grabbed a pen and stared down at the map, trying to remember the highway they were on that led them to the farm, "I found my family." She circled the area, "I need him to find his."

If he was alive.

"This group of yours sounded good." Her mother stated,

Marcie nodded, "They were." She whispered,

After breakfast, her parents went off to do their jobs they were assigned. Her mother was helping set up the celebration the Woodbury community was throwing while her father helped keep the walls fortified.

Marcella went to find Merle, map in hand. He found him near the gates, keeping watch. She whistled, catching his attention and pulling him away from the group,

"I circled where you can find that farm I was staying at with Daryl and the group." Marcie stated, handing him the map,

He looked down at it, observing it's contents, "Ah, yeah, you were right off Route 9 right before it becomes Dahlonega Highway. And you're sayin' that the farm is only about a day's walk from there?"

She nodded, "Give or take." Marcie pointed slightly to the left of where she marked the map, "This is where we looked for Sophia, even made it up around here."

Merle stared at her, nodding and noting the flannel she wore around her waist, "That's my brother's, ain't it?"

"He give it to ya or did ya take it?"