chapter 90

THEY COVERED THEMSELVES IN BLOOD AND MUD

Carol and Marcie needed to blend in with the walkers. It was the only way they could make it to the compound without having to worry about getting attacked by the dead.

They slowly walked through the woods, guns in hand, until they found the fences.

Marcie peered through the chain link and her eyes widened. She could see men standing over a group of people, tying their hands behind their backs. One man got lifted to their feet and she could see their faces clear as day.

It was Rick. And Glenn and Daryl and Bob.

It took everything within her to keep from crying out for them.

It had been so long. Only a few weeks, but to her it felt like forever.

Keeping quiet, the two walked along the fence until they found a suitable target. A large tank of propane on the other side of the fence, inside their walls.

It was close enough to the building to cause damage. To cause a distraction for them to get in and get their people out.

The people of Terminus who were on the fences began to back away in fear. Carol and Marcie looked over to see the large herd heading towards their front gates.

Even better.

Carol set up the fireworks while Marcie lifted her rifle and aimed it at the propane tank. She fired a few shots, piercing a hole in the tank and causing gases to leak.

Carol lit the firework before grabbing Marcie's arm, pulling her away from the fence and they covered their ears.

A large blast filled the air. Walker guts were splattered across the concrete, and dark smoke drifted into the sky.

The fences were down. They had a way in.

The two women grabbed their guns and headed down the hill, towards the main tracks that led into the entrance that they just blew open.

They avoided the fire that still burned across the ground. Some of the walkers around them were on fire, but its didn't distract them from their cravings for human flesh.

It's amazing how much destruction a little firework could cause.

Smoke and screams filled the air. Marcie and Carol stuck by each other, carefully still trying to blend in with the walkers.

She stared down at a woman who was being torn apart by three different walkers. Still alive as they dug into her arms and stomach.

But she wasn't innocent. At least, that's what Marcie told herself.