Prologue

You held a bag of sweets as you chewed on one, absent-mindedly walking without a care in the world. "Y/n! Don't go to the scary forest alone, there might be demons there." Zenitsu cried. 

You looked around still chewing the sweet, which spread through your tastebuds sucking on the candy and making sure Zenitsu and Nezuko were still with you, you walked into the dense forests every twig that snapped, every ruffle of the winds on the leaves the hooting of the owl's sent shivers down the poor blonde. Who was ready to faint with any given movement. 

"These sweets are amazing Zenitsu, glad you told me about them, want some?" You broke the silence turning around to see him crouched a distance away from you next to a rock. Shivering from the chilly winds and mostly fear. Noticing how cold the wind was you got a hold of two sticks, with the next breeze you rubbed it concentrating your speed and the sticks were catching fire. 

You got some firewood and looked at the boy sitting down beside him Nezuko looking at you with wide curious eyes. 

"Your messed up... Aren't you?" You called out watching the boy shiver, "Well you're not alone I am scared to--" 

"WHAT!? If your scared as well who will protect me!" He screeched. 

"I want to get you out of this without a scratch both of you... But for that I need courage on your side as well." 

Your eyes held firm determination like your affinity. Your eyes were met with the boy's he looked towards a reassuring but determined gaze which gave some comfort and ease. You took a hold of his shoulder. 

"I'm sure you'll do really well."