Part 4. Rough Trainning Patches

Your ears were ringing a horrible siren, as you opened your eyes, you looked around the unfamiliar room and pushed yourself awake and sat up ignoring the screeching pain of every aspect of your body, (Where am I again?)

Looking out the windows you saw the mountains (that's right... I was knocked dead over there.) You realised, the bright sunlight had you squinting your eyes your body had been draped with a blood soaking cloth, your foot had been stinging maybe from the medicine and had been wrapped up, 

(Where is Tanjiro? And Nezuko? Did I make it down the mountain in time? Why is everything so quiet? Where is everyone?) 

You got up from the floor and looked around the room, noticing a samui folded neatly outside, it was a light blue matching the serene skies outside. 

You wore it because first it was the only available cloths right now, second because never mind, you pushed open the door to a more dark and closed the door behind you Nezuko was sleeping she looked more like she was in a coma totally undisturbed ...

You wore it because first it was the only available cloths right now, second because never mind, you pushed open the door to a more dark and closed the door behind you Nezuko was sleeping she looked more like she was in a coma totally undisturbed by the external noises. You stared at her for a while before walking outside no one seemed to be at the hut. Where did that man and Tanjiro go? The mugs were still warm when you touched them so they must have gone out a few minutes ago, so they were travelling the mountains? Maybe they were making there way to the same mountain as yesterday?

You began running towards the rocky paths with some random sandals you had found on your way. 

"Master Sarkonji, Tanjiro." You called out before halting in front of them,

"Y/n! Thank god your in a good condition." 

"Are you both headed out for training I want to come to." You said then looking at the red tango mask. 

You saw Sarkonji just simply staring at you and then you gasped, "It's the dress right? I'm very sorry Master Sarkonji, It's just that--" 

"It's not the dress I'm concerned about, you were supposed to be out for a few weeks with your injuries." 

"I am not knocking myself on that rock to be absent for a week." You joked. 

Sarkonji shook his head, "Get some--" 

"The mountains look so beautiful, the sun shines perfectly here so Master what do you plan on teaching us?" You asked eagerly. 

"Y/n you should try to heal your injuries a little bit." Tanjiro spoke with concern. 

"It really is fine, I'm good as new." You smiled cheerfully. 

Sarkonji eyed you a curious glint burning behind his mask, well you did not behave like an injured person would. 

"The traps which you both had fought yesterday you will be fighting through the same thing until you finally master every aspect of the drill." Sarkonji said. 

///////////////////////////////////////////////

You dodged most of the traps that had been headed your way but that doesn't stop you from not falling in to more detailed traps, you had to avoid your injuries or else you will be put in to the bed for weeks. Tanjiro was doing much better with his keen sense of smell he could locate all the traps managing to avoid most of the traps.

"This is what you both will be facing until you manage to get through all the traps without a scratch." Sarkonji said sternly. 

"I saw these traps had a bit of... Malfunction were they used many times?" 

"Demons are prone to these mountains the traps are to alert the people here." Sarkonji responded. 

And then it was repeat again and again till the sun had set while Tanjiro seemed to get a little better than before you understood the pattern and what was expected. 

You saw Tanjiro laid out in the open and naturally you went to check up if he was alright, (He looks exhausted, The sun is about to set anyway.) 

You looked at him and shook him awake, "We should go back now, and dress your wounds." You said pulling him upwards so that he could slowly steady himself. And you walked with him. 

You looked up and stopped, "I've never been able to see so many stars...it's beautiful." 

_________________________________________

And that was how the days passed, day by day till the sun rose and till the orange and red tints mixed to indicate the end of the day. Everyday, master addressed your weakness and Strengths, training became more hasher than before either in the scorching sun or the pouring rain there was no stopping the training. 

At times when training became so hard, I asked myself why did I even choose this for myself. When I was running the steep mountains and all I could think was quitting, when I cried in anguish in the bed for how painful the wounds had become. How dry and tired my eyes had become. When training was hell. 

It all becam worthwhile when I feel myself stronger more resilient than before, when I finally had a purpose to live. 

Two years have passed, and I have gotten insecure and more stronger at the same time, insecure about my appearance my manners, and stronger in strength and combat. 

It was because Tanjiro had been there and seeing him gave me something I don't know how to say it but it would not allow me to give up.