Part 5. Two New Acquaintances

Tanjiro wholeheartedly congratulated you, and vowed to slice to rock in the upcoming months and walk by your side during the final selection. 
You were really grateful for what he had said it also gave you a better sense of security knowing you wouldn't have to do it alone and decided to help him teach the breathing form which will actually help him slice the rock. 

It was early the next day Tanjiro wanted to get some breathing practice before he had breakfast venturing out in the woods for some time you carried a pot made of mud not very densely made but mad a little hollow it would be good practice.

"Blow into this harder and with a lot of pressure so you can break it until you will be able to do this..." You gave him the pot and sat down on the ground yourself and began practicing breathing on your own. 
Maybe around two hours had passed, and you were quite worn out, not being really pleased that you could not keep up constant breathing for more than two hours was frustrating for you. Since it had been almost a year, and you just could not seemed to push past the limit.  

Tanjiro panted heavily letting his head fall on the ground as he shook violently the mud pot not seeming budged at all. 

"Have some of these I found them." You dropped some apples on to his hands before washing them of by the nearby stream. 

"I'm not able to break the pot." Tanjiro said while eating he looked quite disappointed in himself. 

"It'll take some time since you forgot about this in the year and a half, but I have no doubt you'll do it!" You encouraged cheerfully.

Tanjiro nodded, "Yes, I must try harder." 

----------------------------------------------------------

Every day I train myself in constant breathing a little harder than before, I know this breathing is what is going to help me in my future battles I will face, and when I face against stronger foes when I find the demon who killed Akira and avenge her death. 
It's frightening and inspiring at the same time, I feel stronger and sometimes a deep sadness resounds in my heart. 
There are about five months before the final selection and I feel deeply uncomfortable but, also a feeling to prove myself. The days I was so happy, are gone now, and nothing can bring that back. The last thing I want to happen is seeing my close friends perish in front of me. 
My heart beats like the thunder, my legs feel like soup, and my mind goes blank when I find myself all alone. A year and a half back that dreadful memory adds another collection to the sad memories I collected in my life. If Tanjiro had not moved fast, if I did not think fast enough we would have lost Nezuko. It haunts me every night when I am left to my thoughts that I need to deal by myself. 
Giyu Tomioka. 
What a haunted name indeed. 
I'll never forget that face, that Nichirin sword, that mismatched Haori, His cold voice, and deadly eyes. 

Also, I have a deep longing to visit my home it's far away from here really far, but, maybe I can find something I know I'm not supposed to return there at least not until two more years. 

You stopped scratching the paper and stared at it a feeling of sudden emptiness consuming you. You suddenly missed your mother's warm hugs, and your dad's jokes. You missed when Akira would come home from the market. 

You sniffled, 

Your gone, your gone during the Sakura blossoms. 
Left me to rot in this emptiness.
Does not matter, if the air is cold or warm 
Memories I can't bring back
A faraway dream 
I should have been more grateful for
The thorns forced you to let go of my hand
should've known I was playing with fire 
Should've known I danced on glass 

Should've known I could get burnt
Should've known the glass could break
If I held on tighter 
If I held my breath longer
Then, maybe it would be only a nightmare