Part 6. Mistakes To Be Corrected

It was just the breaking of dawn and a few hours of practicing total concentration breathing, which was putting you at ease because every week you could breathe for fifteen minutes more, without struggling a lot. 
It would be stupid to say that Urukodaki had not seen your dedication over the past two years, for this breathing. But it was good that you were doing it you will have a higher chance to come out alive. 

You cut the tree barks perpendicular to control your sword movements, they could also be used for firewood, you are getting your practice and also collecting firewood, killing two birds with one stone, you heard something like that phrase before. 

"Y/n... what are you doing so early?" 

You looked over your shoulder surprised to see, Makomo, "You came again without me noticing you, how do you do that?" You smiled walking over to greet her. 

"Maybe it's the long days of practice." 

"Were you also trying to slay demons?" 

She nodded, 

"Y/n, you do know the constant breathing?"

"Well, I wouldn't say completely know it's really hard." 

"The target won't be ideally standing there and smiling waiting for you to strike." 

"Huh?... Sorry what?" You asked confused. 

"You've only trained yourself to slice rocks, trees, and everything for a normal survival." Another voice interjected. 

You were surprised to see a young boy with rare pinkish hair, a fox mask, a checkered cloth around his outfit, you did not sense him either. There was not a sound, nothing to indicate they were coming. 

"There are types of survival?" You asked. Not understanding the reason to beat around the bush so much. 

"If you want to survive the final selection that is." The boy said. 

"Why would I not want to survive the final selection?" 

"Y/n." Makomo called out again, "What we mean is the demons are not still targets waiting for someone to cut their neck they will be quick, and hard to detect." 

"Can you please get to the point?" 

"You've spent a year and a half in constant breathing, and working on your swords skill, which was good enough to slice that rock, but you still won't be able to kill a single demon." The boy a little harshly told you. 

"Why is that?" 

"I'll show you." 

You raised your sword just in time to block the harsh clash directly in front of you, he moved away Quickley and before giving you any time to process, he appeared behind you as you narrowly moved aside to avoid the wooden sword. 
He used his leg to kick you to the ground and before you could get up, he aimed his sword towards your gut, you met it with your own sword, which felt like it had ruptured your hands, 
"Use your breathing, what were you doing for a year and a half!" He scolded harshly. 

You pushed him backwards and moved yourself away, trying to calm your nerves, and use what you were taught, Breathe!

You demanded, 
Supply the oxygen to your hands, and then observe his movements!

He was in front of you in moments, you began breathing which seemed to be getting harder than even if it was for a short time, it got a little effective avoiding in lowering the impact of his blows, but there was no time to think. 

He grabbed your wrist, which almost made you drop your sword as he kicked you to the ground.

"There is no use in doing the constant breathing so well, but not able to use it while actually fighting a demon, someone will have to hold the demon so you could use your sweet time to cut the neck. The reason you'll never be able to defeat a demon on your own."