15a.

"Some seeds must be sowed. Some seeds must be sowed," I repeated, the words feeling about as slimey on my tongue as it had felt hearing them in the first place,"I swear I have never heard something so disgusting in my life, honestly-"

Anubis remained silent as we continued to trudge along the dark rocky corridor and back the way we'd come.

From the moment the Fates had 'reminded' us to leave, the big fire lighting up the cavern had begun to sputter. Obviously unwilling to go, I tried to stand my ground.

It didn't work.

Five seconds later, the fates just straight up vanished into a cloud of black fog and I was agonizingly left with all of my questions still bouncing around in my head. I guess for the fates this vanishing trick was a handy skill to have when conversations got uncomfortable, but for me it just meant that on top of everything else, I was now also incredibly pissed.

I stopped midstep and spun around to face Anubis, who's expression grew ever more pained as the intervals between my angry outbursts shortened.

"I mean do I look like a fucking farm field to you?!" I asked him, "Do I?"

"No. No you don't."

"I mean how can this be?! How could I- I!" I pointed to myself in absolute disbelief, "Have kids by accident? I would never ever do such a thing!"

"You know, the word accident," he replied, "Does in fact imply that its unintentional."

"Really that's your answer?" I said with a sneer, as I uncomfortably tugged at the fabric that clung to the cold sweat on my back.

This was not what I had wanted to hear.  What I'd wanted to hear was how these were all made up lies and none of what I'd just heard would come true. "Shouldn't you be upset about it too?" I asked as I rearranged my backpack so it wouldn't keep hitting the same part of my spine like it had for the past couple of hours. This day would truly go down as the most tiresome in existence, "They practically said I'd live a long and healthy life until I'm a hundred and two."

"They never said that."

Anubis pushed past me and I was able to finally muster a smile again. Turns out I wasn't the only unhappy person after all.

"Imagine the next, what, like century of us together," I said, my voice mockingly cheery, "Me, Antoine, our two kids and of course, drum roll please, you." I taunted, "His supreme greatness, the almighty Anubis himself!" I picked up my pace to keep up with him even though he tried his best to stay away from me, "Heck I'll make sure to decorate a room for you in our beautiful pickett fenced house," I continued, "And when the time comes, I'm sure I can convince Antoine to hire you as our nanny-"

"Are you done now?" He interjected, definitely annoyed with me now, but despite that, as we neared the steps leading out of this cave, he slowed down again.

"Am I?" I asked, falling into step beside him, "This is usually the part where you tell me how to fix all of this."

"If I knew how to fix this, I wouldn't have come here."

"I don't mean how we can fix this tether or whatever, I mean a way how I can fix my fate!" My desperation was more audible, then I had intended it to be, "You can't tell me everything they just said is truly set in stone!"

"You want to change your fate?" the previous edge he had in his voice weakened a bit and he stopped to look at me, properly this time, "The greek concepts of fate are different from the egyptian, even if I asked Sai himself-" He said, his brown eyes lifting to my forehead as if he suddenly had trouble meeting mine.