19.

"...She kept on repeating that something was weird over and over again, but I have no idea what she actually meant with that."

"Did she just mean you or something else too?"

"I think she meant both. For the most part she just peppered me with questions and then threatened she'd tell her 'headmistress' everything."

"Headmistress?" Anubis's voice echoed through the empty corridor, "How many of these godlings are there?"

"You're really asking me that?" I sighed, "All I know is she belonged to those other two we saw yesterday."

We stopped in front of the green colored bathroom door, "Is this it?" he asked me.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to gather all my courage to make myself go in there again,

"Yes it is."

By the time I opened my eyes again, Anubis was gone.

And then I heard an "AHH!", a "HEY!" and a string of Greek curse words that could roughly be paraphrased as "get the fuck out of here."

I gripped the door handle with another sigh only to dodge out of the way again when a group of angry women came barging out seconds later.

"You really know how to charm the ladies, don't you," I said finally managing to walk in myself after all the other women had left.

Completely oblivious to my jab at him, Anubis was examining one on the larger pieces of the shattered plastic paper dispenser that still littered the floor. To my surprise there was nothing else that would indicate a fight had ever taken place here but I guess that was also the reason why nobody had cleared any of it away yet.

I knelt down beside Anubis trying hard to figure out what was so interesting about the piece he was holding, but no matter how hard I looked, it was just a normal piece of plastic to me.

I glanced over at his face, hoping to glean something from his expression but instead of learning anything new, I just felt my heart stop when he glanced over back at me.

Face to face, we were unbearably close.

"You're really good at this!" he exclaimed exitedly, showing no indication of wanting to move even an inch, "It really was a child of Boreas!"

Despite strongly wanting to believe that I was completely unaffected, I couldn't do it and shot up, if only to put some safety distance between us. All those stories about heroes willing to throw their lives away just to gain the affections of a pretty face were starting to make sense. Beauty really was a weapon.

Still no matter how flustered I felt, it did not mean I would simply let this rare instance of praise pass me by.

"Of course I got it right, I know my mythology," I replied, stealing another curious glance at the piece of plastic he'd just dropped back on the floor, "But how can you tell?"

I watched as he got up again himself, "Beings that are able to use powers, or magic if you will, carry alot of that kind of energy inside their bodies," he explained while heading over to the sinks to wash his hands, "The more powerful these beings are, the better they are at masking it from their surroundings-" holding his two wet hands in the air, he paused to turn and look at me, "Where is the soap?"